Aguilas win it all

Sep 19, 2005
well now that the total championships won by both Licey and the Aguilas stands at 19 EACH....the loss column of finals shows the aguilas to be the dominate team in the winter dominican baseball league.

the Aguilas have now been in 34 finals losing 15 of them.
the Tigers have now been in 30 finals losing 11 of them.

I have a bunch of photos of the games, but for some reason I have a problem transering them from my camera to the computer. My drivers are at work . Ill have to reload all the camera software and try and again.

lets all give our condolences to KYLE.......

in retrospect after going to 6 games this past season one in a round robin and three in the finals...I got to say i think the tickets are kinda exspensive for the fact they are in the DR. I relaize i had to feed the scalpers , but there just was no way around it..the ticket booth does not sell the good seats, they are distributed before tickets go on sale. so you will ALWAYS have to buy from a scalper to get first section seats to post season games.

bob

C

Chip00

Laura Who!!!

Bob

Congrats fellow Aguilucho!

Also, don't know you personally but did meet the gf the other day and felicidades - y como dijo Celia - la tiene tombao (translation - she's pretty).

I don't understand the handle though - Laura Pasini - is that your gf's name or is it supposed to be Laura Pausini? - if it is the latter all I can say she is a hag compared to the gf.

Also, don't worry - I'm as ugly as sin and I'm married and got two girls! When your in town next season lets get together and see a game - I usually sit in the bleachers but would look forward to trying the view behind home plate and seeing how a slider really moves!

Chip

Sep 19, 2005
hey chip.....the handle is for Laura Pausini...but they dont allow that many letters in the handle, and i just wanted to be known as a fan of hers, NOT HER!!!....the U is the only letter I can leave out and have it sound the same.....But I regret the handle , it was spur of the moment, when I was signing on.

good looks arent a prerequisite for singing good...ha ha ha

I appreciate you volunteering to keep an eye on her...ha ha ha...make sure everytime shes goes into Santiago, that guy Jose Lima isnt hitting one her all the time...OK.....ad if she gets into the Hummer, its your job to tail them around... ha ha ha

we dont have to wait till baseball starts up again to have a beer...

take care

bob

C

Chip00

hey chip.....the handle is for Laura Pausini...but they dont allow that many letters in the handle, and i just wanted to be known as a fan of hers, NOT HER!!!....the U is the only letter I can leave out and have it sound the same.....But I regret the handle , it was spur of the moment, when I was signing on.

good looks arent a prerequisite for singing good...ha ha ha

I appreciate you volunteering to keep an eye on her...ha ha ha...make sure everytime shes goes into Santiago, that guy Jose Lima isnt hitting one her all the time...OK.....ad if she gets into the Hummer, its your job to tail them around... ha ha ha

we dont have to wait till baseball starts up again to have a beer...

take care

bob

Bob

Just let me know when your in town. Also, if you're a golfer I'm sure we can set something up with Hillbilly here in Santiago.

Also, I told the gf about my nephew who went to NY this past summer for three months on a "work only" program and she was interested to find out what school he goes to. I found out he is studying medicine at UTESA and that he also plans on going again this summer. They charge the students $2300 and the school does all the paperwork and it also includes the cost of the flight.

What I find kind of comical is more than half of the students didn't return and supposedly UTESA doesn't have any problem sending them every year. Sounds like a racket to me! The sad part is these kids are so damn naive thinking that their life will be so much better in the NY when the reality is things aren't going to be getting any easier for illegals. Not only that these kids have NO idea about the cost of living there. I expect (hope) most will be returning at some point when they realize that there is still a future for young professionals here in the DR. If they don't they really don't have a whole lot of options other than marrying a citizen, getting involved with something they shouldn't or living with 4 others in a one bedroom apt. making $500 a week if they're lucky.

Chip

Sep 19, 2005
Id love to get her onto something like that school program...just to see what it is like here. I already know she will miss her family and friends and wont know too many people.....thats why its best to make it a temporary visit the first few times....she knows maybe 20 people who live here now, but they are spread out over the tri state area...not like a very localized group of friends who walk to each others house, as it is where she lives now...

I do golf...I wonder if I still have my slice....its been a few years since i played

as my father ( who plays weekly) says...LONG and WRONG

bob