Traveling to Puerto Plata...

Status
Not open for further replies.

aababe82

Jan 25, 2007
www.myspace.com
Hi! Traveling to DR has always been a dream of mine since I was in high school and did a project. Now that I work for the airlines, I'm able to travel some. I will be in Puerto Plata and want some info on different things to do while I'm there. I am renting a car so transportation is not an issue. Hope to hear from someone soon! :)

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
How much time will you have?
Is it just an overnight layover?
Will you be staying in POP or Sosua?
There are a zillion things to do, of course, but it might not hurt to mention your interests.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
If you have "never been there" let me be the first of many to tell you that "rent a car" is not the wisest thing to do. At least not at first.
Transportation is provided, door to door, for most of the things you will be doing.

I hope you can go to Damajagua Falls, if you are in good physical shape. Snorkeling is fun. So is catamaran riding, four wheeling and "jungle buggying".

A lot of things will be suggested, so you can pick and choose.

One thing that will not be suggested is for you , a newbie in this, our paradise, to rent a car and drive our far from paradise roads!!

There are great cars and drivers available, English speaking, that can run you all over the place at a cost that is equal to or less than renting a car. Please, leave the driving to 'them.' One is called Wilson and he is well recommended.

HB

abnor

Nov 7, 2006
Hillbilly is a wise man. Car and driver is the only way to go. Let someone else have the stress of driving!

Status
Not open for further replies.