Where to buy produce in Sosua?

manunia80

Jan 27, 2007
I was shocked with prices on fruits and vegetables in supermercado Playero!

Not imported, but local!!

What are alternative places to buy?

Any fruit/vegatable stands? Farmers` market?

Gracias!

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
There's a dude with a fruit and veggie store in los Charamicos, on Eugenio Kundhart, approx. 100 yards from it's beginning, on the left hand side.
He's known as El Rubio.
If you get to know which days he goes to market, you will get fresh produce at reasonable prices.

G

gary short

I was shocked with prices on fruits and vegetables in supermercado Playero!

Not imported, but local!!

What are alternative places to buy?

Any fruit/vegatable stands? Farmers` market?

Gracias!

Buy produce off the guys with the pickup that drive around town shouting out of a megaphone.......way cheap and good.....I've never seen avacodos the size of footballs before.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Buy produce off the guys with the pickup that drive around town shouting out of a megaphone.......way cheap and good.....I've never seen avacodos the size of footballs before.
Those vendors don't have the full selection, and generally have slightly inferior quality.
If you want broccoli and cauliflower, you're going to have to buy it at the Supermarket, or from El Rubio.

G

gary short

Slow night eh.......were posting about frickin produce.....

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Slow night eh.......were posting about frickin produce.....

lol..and on a Saturday night!

for the record, there's a produce market on Pedro Clisante near the Supermercado (about a half block east of the SuperSuper liquor store). Cant vouch for the prices or quality, but all they seem to sell is produce and they usually have a large selection...

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Whenever I Go To Sosua, I ALWAYS Stop First At:

The COSTAL GAS STATION between Sosua and Cabarette. It is run by an American who takes a LOT of personal pride in his business! His mini-super market is spotless! He has EVERYTHING you will need. Great selection of meats/fruits/veggies, and both local/American, and international products! The owner is usually there as well. Just ask to see "El Dueno" and you will soon make a new friend in the DR!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
We were there last year when the grass was going up on the lousy JR pizza place. Terrible selection of meat, yellow veggies, high prices on everything, nothing in international products that we get at our local here in US
I heard you were banned from there.

manunut

Nov 17, 2006
spend a penny save a pound

i know you said in sosua.but if you can make it out to severinos in cabarete,beside janets super market, he sells his own grown produce(runs a veggie farm in sabanetta)and produce purchased at the santiago market at what a lot of people deem as the least expensive in the zone.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Los Charamicos

We buy from where Rocky said in los charamicos from el rubio and have been satisfied. Go in the morning about 0800 or so and get some good, fresh stuff.
Not picked over.