Honey-?

Hastapronto

Jan 19, 2007
Is it possible to buy real honey in Sosua\Cabarete\PP?

Not the filtered and heated worthless commercial one that is sold in supermercado, but farm style, raw and untreated?

Any ideas?

C

Chip00

You can find that in almost any colmado - just look for an old rum bottle. You will notice that it still will have a little of the comb/wax floating on the top.

canadian bob

Bronze
Jan 16, 2002
Hey Hastapronto! You can get it (in the old rum bottles) at the Paiwonsky & sons place "Cafe puro es Puro cafe")on Colon in PP. They have a big concrete-paved lot where they dry the coffee beans when the sun shines & a galvanized tin shed where a small Haitian boy (covered in bees) fills the rum bottles with honey (& whatever else happens to be in the air) Enjoy!! Canadian Bob.

Bear

Aug 15, 2006
Where?

Hey Hastapronto! You can get it (in the old rum bottles) at the Paiwonsky & sons place "Cafe puro es Puro cafe")on Colon in PP. They have a big concrete-paved lot where they dry the coffee beans when the sun shines & a galvanized tin shed where a small Haitian boy (covered in bees) fills the rum bottles with honey (& whatever else happens to be in the air) Enjoy!! Canadian Bob.

Please advise where exactly this shop is located on Colon in PP.
I have driven from the Malecon to the top of Colon and back and did not
see the place you mentioned.
Thanks for your clarification.
Bear

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I don't really understand this thread.
I can't even remember the last time I saw a bottle/jar of "processed" honey.
All I ever see in colmados and supermarkets, is the good stuff, packed in those old rhum bottles.
It's everywhere.

B

batich

I don't really understand this thread.
I can't even remember the last time I saw a bottle/jar of "processed" honey.
All I ever see in colmados and supermarkets, is the good stuff, packed in those old rhum bottles.
It's everywhere.

Playero is the only (and favorite) place where I shop and they do not have it. Only processed and filtered worthless candy-like stuff.

canadian bob

Bronze
Jan 16, 2002
Honey

Please advise where exactly this shop is located on Colon in PP.
I have driven from the Malecon to the top of Colon and back and did not
see the place you mentioned.
Thanks for your clarification.
Bear

It is right on the corner of connecting road which comes out near the Silvero Messons Grocery store on Separacion. Bob

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Playero is the only (and favorite) place where I shop and they do not have it. Only processed and filtered worthless candy-like stuff.

The honey is adjacent to the cork screws in aisle 4.

tambo'

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
and they have it not in old bottles but in jars. maybe they have honey in two different places?
I double checked that we still buy honey at Playero, and we do.
What I haven't seen is the imported processed stuff, but I'm sure they just keep it in another aisle.