Tipping?

opusX

Dec 18, 2006
Going to an all inclusive in 2 weeks and was wondering about tips. What is expected for good service in the restaurants? I figure $2-$5 per day for the maid, but did not know for the servers. How about the taxi drivers, and Bartenders what is expected? Thanks.

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
If you tip, you will get the best service in the world from your bar tenders. An all-inclusive vacation usually includes the tips to the staff. But extra is a good thing in my mind as they need the money. How you give the tips to the maid is very important. You do not want them accused of stealing the money, so bring envelopes with you for everyone you plan to tip at the end of your stay. The maids, activity personel, etc.

halwiki

Jan 28, 2007
Bless you for even asking about tipping staff!

I read a trip report (not on DR1) once from a woman who suggested leaving the maids your leftover shampoo because "they're so appreciative!"

Not surprisingly, she also recommended tossing candy to Dominican children whose parents can't afford dentists.

Why is it people who never question tipping in Cleveland or Toronto wonder if Dominicans would appreciate gratitude for good service?