Can i sue Bahia Principe or?

LoLo

Jan 28, 2007
Got robbed by a client staying at Bahia Principe Punta Cana and have had no success with the hotel manager...Where can i turn to? I have proof and a letter from the hotel acknowledging my problem and a letter that was submitted to the hotel management from thier own security with mention of a previous incident...I need closure! Any honest advice or local attorneys for a pro bono?
Thanks

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
So you want to sue a hotel which is almost impossible and very expensive and you want it for free. hummmmmmmmmmmm

Good luck with that one.

Perhaps talking about it would help and maybe call your insurance company and find out if you were covered for personal contents while away

LoLo

Jan 28, 2007
If you cant contribute keep your sarcasm to yourself

I obviously have tried talking to them....If you read my post i spent the majority of my trip doing that with no success.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I obviously have tried talking to them....If you read my post i spent the majority of my trip doing that with no success.

absolutely no sarcasm here, it's the truth.

I meant if you wish to talk about what happened here on the forum. The hotel will more than likely not admit and any wrong doing.

who's the guest that robbed you? what do you want from the hotel?

LoLo

Jan 28, 2007
All i would like to know if there is a contact above the head manager that i can speak to.. There was an incident with an Atm machine that was adressed immidiately and the hotel did not make any effort to help us and denied that we ever made any complaints to them previously even though we where in Golden Club daily for a min of 3 hours. We could identify the guest that was involved and they would not go through the tapes with us.

twincactus

Aug 9, 2004
www.dominicanstotheusa.com
You usually have coverage for 10% of your personal property away from home on your homeowner's or renters policy. Read your contract and THEN call your agent. I would collect form them not the hotel, too much trouble. If you think the insurance company will increase your rates you are wrong on a homewoners. I have 15 years in that business. Trust me, that will be much easier than suing the hotel.

-Tim