A Place To Live Where the Locals Won't KILL ME!?!

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Are the homes in Casa de Campo the safest luxury beach homes in the DR?

BTW: How safe are the homes at the "Sea Horse Ranch?"

Thanks,
Helpmann :)

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Last I checked President Clinton is still alive, he has a home in Casa de Campo. So does George Bush Sr.

B

batich

Last I checked President Clinton is still alive, he has a home in Casa de Campo. So does George Bush Sr.

I was always sure that Clintons live in Westchester County, upstate NY. I thought I even knew their street address.

It looks like I am so far behind developments!

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
I think both properties are about as safe as you can get in the DR. The new projects in the east, i.e. Cap Cana and Roko Ki will likely be extremely safe as well...

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Casa de Campo is living in the Caribbean, I'm not sure it's living in DR.

Sea Horse Ranch being smaller and with fewer amenities is more like living in an upscale gated residential community - you're forced to get out into the communities unless you pay someone else to do it for you.

"A Place to Live Where the Locals Won't KILL ME". You make it sound as if you'll be surrounded by headhunters who haven't eaten in a while. :ninja:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Are the homes in Casa de Campo the safest luxury beach homes in the DR?

BTW: How safe are the homes at the "Sea Horse Ranch?"

Thanks,

I think you will find that the country has expats living all over it.
A very small % actually live in gated communities.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
"A Place to Live Where the Locals Won't KILL ME". You make it sound as if you'll be surrounded by headhunters who haven't eaten in a while. :ninja:

Helpmann could live where I live, but I'm not going to tell him where it is because I don't want a neighbour who thinks the locals are out to kill him. :)

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
:paranoid:​

I have lived all over this beautiful country,never with expats and never in a Gated community...always with the Dominican people...I am still alive.....I travel from SD where I live most of the time,in a apt. with all Dominicans...and go to Samana every couple of weeks to my home there,in a Dominican finka,on the guagua*bus for 5 hours filled with beautiful Dominican people,I usually am the only Gringo on the bus...and I am still alive.after many years..what a country!!!!

bob

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I have lived all over this beautiful country,never with expats and never in a Gated community...always with the Dominican people...I am still alive.....I travel from SD where I live most of the time,in a apt. with all Dominicans...and go to Samana every couple of weeks to my home there,in a Dominican finka,on the guagua*bus for 5 hours filled with beautiful Dominican people,I usually am the only Gringo on the bus...and I am still alive.after many years..what a country!!!!

bob
So good to hear the voice of reason.

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Many = ?

bob
If you don't mind me asking, how much is "many years?"

Thanks,

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
helpmann, people like you will have trouble anywhere you move.
AZB

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Thanks!

I think both properties are about as safe as you can get in the DR. The new projects in the east, i.e. Cap Cana and Roko Ki will likely be extremely safe as well...
Thanks for answering my question!

-Helpmann :)

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Manhattan, YES! The Bronx, NO WAY JOSE!!!

helpmann, people like you will have trouble anywhere you move.
AZB
I like Manhattan!

BTW: Are the homes in Casa de Campo the safest luxury beach homes in the DR?

Thanks,

pkaide1

Bronze
Aug 10, 2005
There are not beach home in Casa de Campo. We have our own private beach, but there are not villas around it.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Like I usta say back in my real hillbilly days: Sheeeet, man...I done been livin' here longer than mos' o' these folks bin alive!! Not all over, mind, but inside the society, so's to speak...Ain't never had on hassles, an' I ain't never felt threatened, so siree bob!

You lookin' to be 100% safe? Try bein' real nice to folks...live simply, have fun...good fun, not all that booze and sex and stuff...that's where the problems git a goin' ..

HARUMPH! Live safe? Sheeeet, thas how I live all the time!!

HB

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
JD,
According to another thread (now closed) Helpmann has been given a small vacation. You probably won't get a reply to this until he gets permission to come back so you might prefer to PM or e-Mail him. ~ Grahame.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Don't Worry About Being Shot,or Stabbed In The DR!!!!

Worry about being killed in a car accident! Last weekend,there were 19 people killed in highway crashes!!
10 Dominicans also killed themselves last weekend! Maybe we see something here that they are missing???

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC