Rios and Cascadas in Cibao region ?

lilwill05

Jan 29, 2007
Does anyone know any rivers and waterfalls i can go swim in the Cibao region ? I am planning a trip this june and i want to know where are the rivers and waterfalls in the Cibao, I would prefer San Francisco de Macoris or La Vega, i will also go to the rest of the cibao .

lilwill05

Jan 29, 2007
I recently went to a Natural swimming pool 15 minutes outside of Sanchez(samana) and I want to know are there any more like it in the DR and samana and Where ?

ZEUS

Bronze
Feb 14, 2003
You want to go to Jarabacoa in la Vega.. try Salto de Jimenoa and Baijuate.
I was there about a year ago. Had a blast of time. Good luck !!

Zeus (primus inter pares).

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
In Cotui we have Rio Yuna which you can go swimming in several areas. The most popular being right off the main road that goes from Cotui to San Francisco. I'm talking about the bridge that separates Cotui from La Mata.

Another really good place to go to is La Presa de Hatillo (the Dam) which is the largest man made lake in the Caribbean. Great place to spend an afternoon. They have a large boat which will take you around (not very far though) for 100 pesos. The boat has music and a bar. The owner also has a regular speed boat which you can rent for him to take you pretty much anywhere you want in the lake (i.e. I understand there are some caves with aboriginal paintings you can visit)...Not sure what the rate is. You'd have to negotiate with him.

In San Francisco there's the Rio Jaya, but I'm not sure if/where exactly you can go swimming on this river.