leaving the country

leafman

Jan 4, 2006
hi all,

just wondering if any one could give me any information in regards to a fine that you have to pay when leaving the country. i do not have a cedulla and have been here over a year. I have heard many different stories and many varying payments for the fine. I would appreciate if someone could clear that up for me.
thank you

fightingirish

Dec 8, 2005
As well, it is posted clearly in the airport right before you have to pay. There are signs on the columns that you walk past. Read them closely.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
If You Have Been In The DR For a Long Time,.....Say a Year Or More,..

Stick a 1000 or 2000 peso note in your passport when you give it to the person at immigration, When they ask "What For?", tell them you want to pay the fine directly to them! Works for me! Saves a LOT of money!
"Win/Win" situation!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Stick a 1000 or 2000 peso note in your passport when you give it to the person at immigration, When they ask "What For?", tell them you want to pay the fine directly to them! Works for me! Saves a LOT of money!
"Win/Win" situation!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

With a current residencia there is no fine. CC, you don't have residencia after all this time? I'm surprised...........

C

Chip00

I'm pretty certain the fine is 10US per month after the first/intial month has passed.

I would try to look like a tourist as much as possible and not speak any Spanish and they may just stamp the passport for you. It worked for me a couple of times. Of course being a gringo it should be relatively easy. A flowery shirt with bermuda shorts and a garish hat to match would definitely help.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
With a current residencia there is no fine. CC, you don't have residencia after all this time? I'm surprised...........

Of COURSE he has Residencia Lambada!:cheeky: ! After all these years in the DR & giving the sort of advice/comments that he does on this site, he HAS to be legal!:ermm: ! Why should he NOT have Residencia - isn't it a requirement for living here long term?? ~ Grahame.