Expats are a bunch of whimps, whiners and wallies!

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
(Thanks to Lambada for collaberation in the title)

Looking over the thread titles of the past few weeks I can't believe all the complaints. Just now I'm going to lobby for 'Living? to be changed to 'Complaints.' :laugh:

Is there anyone that can tell us 5 good things about the DR?

Last edited:
B

batich

(Thanks to Lambada for collaberation in the title)

Looking over the thread titles of the past few weeks I can't believe all the complaints. Just now I'm going to lobby for 'Living? to be changed to 'Complaints.' :laugh:

Is there anyone that can tell us 5 good things about the DR?

I can tell you only one - IT IS BEST!!

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Warmth
Wit
Wonderment
Willingness
Wisdom
Whimsicality

...........all pertaining to the people, of course :)
If we must continue with the W's,
Water, (ocean)
Women, (for those of us who are of the male persuasion)
Weather,
Wholesome food (without all the hormone grown animals)
Whales (Samana)

My only complaint, is that there are too many complainers.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Beaches (Sosua being the best, more "Dominican Families" there)

Beautiful people (In mind and body, they try to improve themselves, they have pride)

Beautiful mountains and rolling hills

Beer (Even tho I do not drink, and my dad owned a bar in the states!)

Baseball (Dominican Baseball games)

- - - - - - - - - -

Friendliness of the people in their willingness to commuincate with you and greet you. The hospitality of the people in general. They don't hide indoors like other countries.

- - - - - - - - - -

The wide spread complaining to me seems to be on the Internet boards, from the ex-pats. In the inner cities, barrios, the people are very nice. If asked, they will tell you how hard it is for them here, they don't whine about it, they endure and go on with life. AZB warns about places like Cien Fuegos, Monte Rico, etc, yet I normally spend everyday in those barrios and others, enjoying every minute of it. Life is what you make of it. Ex-pats needs to get the heck out from behind their keyboards and take a look at how the Dominicans really live and get on with life. The Dominican Republic is not about living in ex-pat communities, hanging out at the local watering hole with other ex-pats, whining behind your keyboard about how hard things are here for you, etc. If the Dominicans in the barrios were to read these boards they would be amazed at how whiney the ex-pats, who live hundreds of time better them they do, complain about life here.

They would be happy with a fraction of what we have!

Don - SantiagoDR

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Five...?

1. Less risk of Arab terrorist attack
2. Less risk of...

Oh well, that's my list..... oh wait, HOT BABES!!!

-Helpmann :cheeky:

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I can tell you only one - IT IS BEST!!

Surprised that you say that, batich.

When my foreign friends-investors ask me this question - my answer in last six months is NO!!!
Instead I address them to Cypres or Portugal or Cuba (if they insist on Caribbean).

Situation is getting worse very fast. Security, cost of living, prices.

B

batich

Surprised that you say that, batich.

Nothing strange.

It is best for ME.

I have freedom and privacy of life that populations of some "developed" countries are blanc denied.

I am used to life hardships and with my military experience I know how to protect myself. How to see the danger and to strike first.

So, I am happy here , and I am sick every day and hour when I have to be "not here" and among those oppressed and miserable participants of the ugly rat race.

But for other people (who have families, who are not born worriors,who are not strong physically or who are old or women) - I stopped recommending this country about a year ago.
Even to sharks investors. With current inflated prices on everything (especially on RE) - they are not going to make any money in DR any longer (until a major correction in RE prices).
And they will ask me - why it happened to them and to their money?

I do not want to become in a position where I will have to answer this tough question.

I hope I explained myself clear enough, Sir?

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
But for other people (who have families, who are not born worriors,who are not strong physically or who are old or women) - I stopped recommending this country about a year ago.

What's with the 'women' thing!!!! What I love about this country:

The mens' bodies
Goat and rice
Brugal
Dominos
Constantly laughing
Dominican and Haitian generosity of spirit
The weather

From a woman!

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
The people - I feel at home here
The weather - can't complain about hot rain
The palm trees - so peacefull to look at swaying in the breeze
The beach - on which you can walk for hours
The sense of freedom I get every time the plane lands.

B

batich

What's with the 'women' thing!!!! What I love about this country:

The mens' bodies
Goat and rice
Brugal
Dominos
Constantly laughing
Dominican and Haitian generosity of spirit
The weather

From a woman!

It is `cause you are the RIGHT woman. My type. Do you mind to share a cell #?

:smoke:

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Batich

Why share a cell? Are we going to be arrested? Or this this a problem of translation - English versus American?

Matilda

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Batich

Why share a cell? Are we going to be arrested? Or this this a problem of translation - English versus American?

Matilda
Hmmmm. You get TWO posts up Matilda & mine gets lost in cyberspace!!

My comment to Batich was "Forget that line of approach Batich, she is MUCH too much of a woman for you to handle".

"Mind you, the current MAN occupying the house might be interested in having a discussion on this subject with you!! I am sure Matilda would pass on his Tel No."!! ~ Grahame.
(let's see if this one takes or if someone else is posting at EXACTLY the sane time as me again!!)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
5 things

1. santiago
2. la cuchara de madera
3. tachi - a cat with a purple ass
4. NO MORE JEANS!!!!
5. minovio (save the best till last)