Phone Cards

E

Elena

I hope that someone can help me. I'm trying to get into La Central Express to buy the Mi Tierra phone cards. When I tried to search for them no match was found, I also sent an email to the LCE rep. but have heard nothing from him. If someone knows how to get the card please post a response asap. Thanks for your help. Elena

E

Elena

I did try that link with no luck! If there is a cheaper phone card available let me know. Elena

E

Elena

Re: Phone Cards!

I have tried this link for 2 days with no luck!!!!!!! If anyone can figure out how to get these cards let me know. It's getting a little frustrating!!!!!

L

LCE_Rep

Wow, call LA CENTRAL Express toll free in the US 1-877-LA EXPRESS or 1-877-523-9773.

E

Elena

I just got a email from LCE that said the Mi Tierra card was .17 cents a minute, but earlier on this board you stated it was .12 cents. Why are there 2 prices? Elena

J

Jim Hinsch

Re: Phone Cards - need more info

You link works fine. I still have not see the details of the cards you offer. I'm looking for:

Rate when calling the DR from the USA

Rate when calling the USA from the DR

Connect charge

Minimum call time

Billing increment

Monthly service charge and service charge date

Jim Hinsch JimHinsch@CSI.COM

A

Arnold

I use ECONOLO calling cards from the Maryland/Virginia area to call the DR. With a $25 card I can call and talk for 8 hours to Santo Domingo. This is the best deal I know of...

- Arnold

A

Arnold

With ECONOLO cards the price is 0.09 cents a minute from DC/Virginia to Santo Domingo with a $1 or so connection fee.. However if u don't use the card they charge a 50 cent a month maintainance fee...

I think these are the best way to go, I use them all the time. I use 2 cards a month ($50) and call and talk for about 2x a week for 2 hours each time with family and friends in the DR.

Arnold

A

Arnold

Answers to some Q's.

Hi Jim,

Thanks for all the posting you do here... Here is the info on the ECONOLO cards, that one can buy at any convenience store in DC/Maryland/Virginia (I'm sure in NYC and Boston you can get an analogous card).. Note, I do not sell these cards or anything, I'm just trying to let people know the cheapest way I've found to communicate with my family/friends in the DR...

>Rate when calling the DR from the USA 9 cents a minute - no difference day/night at all

>Rate when calling the USA from the DR Never tried to do this, I believe they only work in the DC/Maryland/Virginia area. Connect charge

>Minimum call time No minimum call time, when u hang up call is done. There is about a $1 connection fee but then 9 cents a minute, so it is best to talk long times with these cards...

>Billing increment When one buys the card one uses it until the $ amount on it is all used up. They come in $25, $10, and $5 amounts. Buy them at convenience stores.

>Monthly service charge and service charge date There is a 50 cents a month fee to keep it activated, once one first uses it every 30 days 50 cents is deducted from the value of the card.

Hope this helps..

Arnold

J

Jim Hinsch

My rep tells me the card charges US$0.075/minute from anywhere in the USA via the 800 number. They also have local access numbers in some states where the charge is US$0.035/min.

The connection fee on the Econolo is $2 and they also have 3 minute rounding, meaning a 1 second call the connection fee plus 3 minutes, and a 3 1/2 minute call costs the connection fee plus 6 minutes. This is only good for long calls. The break-even point compared with the Tropicard for example, is 15 minutes.

There is also a card available called the SPRINT card for calls from the DR to the USA. The rate is US$0.27/min, no connection fee.

They can be bought by calling 888-646-6601 or 781-646-7400. 25% discount for wholesale orders (US$500 or more).

Jim Hinsch JimHinsch@CSI.COM

E

Elena

I live in upstate New York(close to Canada), will any of these cards work for me? Also how can I get them? Thanks for your help. Elena

J

Jim Hinsch

A phone number for purchase was posted in a previous message, and as stated, they work anywhere in the USA.

H

Hello

These kind of cards can be found at 7-11's and convenience stores in many towns. Econolo is just one name of them.. I've seen many in NYC which have the same cost etc. These prepaid cards are the cheapest way to call..

W

Wanda

Is there any problem getting through with these cards? I had a different brand card and everytime I tried to call I got busy signals, but if I used ATT I got through immediately to the same number I was calling.

J

Jim Hinsch

Since I haven't used them, I can't say. With the Tropicard, yes, there is a problem getting through at times.