Accommodation in Juan Dolio or Boca Chica

nikke

Sep 19, 2005
Can anyone recommend a safe, clean but inexpensive place to crash in the Juan Dolio or Boca Chica area? I've been to Sosua and Puerto Plata area several times but this time I'll be travelling to the South Coast for the first time with 3 other friends.

We're looking for someplace basically to sleep and shower - we like to go out and sight-see, go to events and clubs as well as the beach. We're not an AI kind of people. We all speak Spanish and we'd like a place that is guest friendly.

We're looking for something that will cost about $15-25 US a night...is that possible? We'll be there for a week in mid February TBD. Thanks

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
I just got back from BC last week...don't know about $15-$25 a night though. It may be possible.

I stayed at El Candil, grounds were nice, rooms OK....clean, but a little beat for my standards. (U.S.) I would go back. Paid $50US per night.

Also, looked at Calypso Beach Hotel around the block from El Candil, grounds were nice, rooms were comparable to, or maybe a little better than, El Candil. Will probably stay there next time just to check it out.

Lastly, I found a place called Casa Coco Hotel. SWEET looking place but no A/C, so now's the time of year to stay there. I think the guy said $30 per night but don't quote me.

Be sure to stop by the Boat House for a great view, good food and drink.

Also, down the street, the Canadian Restaurant that's upstairs...just look for the sign on the end of Duarte closest to Hamaca...

If you want more info, PM me.

Bien Viaje!

nikke

Sep 19, 2005
Thanks

Also are any hotels are available in Juan Dolio or if the scene is quiet because the beach is under reconstruction?

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
fior di loto 8095261146. It is in Old Juan Dolio. rooms from 10US$ a night. great place and great atmosphere. Close to beach, restaurant etc. Has rooms up to 40US whatever you want. Or in new Juan Dolio Plaza Real - apts from 38US$ a night.

Matilda

nikke

Sep 19, 2005
Thanks everyone I will look into these places. i can't wait! We'll be travelling in February...

We found a flight that comes into La Romana - for the price we can take a taxi to Juan Dolio if we want to...and still save a lot of money. We might stay the first night there too.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Hi nikke....I responded to your other thread.
Take a taxi from airport straight to Flor di Loto (call to make sure you have a reservation). Mara's place is relatively clean, guest friendly and just a short walk from the beach.
Yoga Mon,Weds,Fri from 5-6
Bellydance Thurs. 4-5 and Sun. 10:30-11:30
if you are interested - no cost for either.
Very safe and Mara speaks English as well as Italian, french, Spanish.
Send me A PM with your non board name and let me know when you are coming and I'll ask for you when I"m there (I teach the belly dance class!)

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
Can anyone recommend a safe, clean but inexpensive place to crash in the Juan Dolio or Boca Chica area? I've been to Sosua and Puerto Plata area several times but this time I'll be travelling to the South Coast for the first time with 3 other friends.

We're looking for someplace basically to sleep and shower - we like to go out and sight-see, go to events and clubs as well as the beach. We're not an AI kind of people. We all speak Spanish and we'd like a place that is guest friendly.

We're looking for something that will cost about $15-25 US a night...is that possible? We'll be there for a week in mid February TBD. Thanks

in Boca Chica try hotel El Joker, someone has a post/link on it in this forum, nice place, cheap rooms but more in the $25-$40 range. but very clean and cozy! :)

STEVE G.

Bronze
Apr 2, 2006
community.webshots.com

irateskateboards

Oct 4, 2006
Boca Chica, Dominican Republic

FOR 15 BUCKS.I THINK I PAYED 15 A NIGHT AT CASA COCO.VERY BASIC BUT SAFE AND GOOD BREAKFAST.I HAD NO PROBLEMS BRINGIN IN GIRLS DURING THE NIGHT.THE NIGHT GUYS ARE PRETTY COOL TOO.

nikke

Sep 19, 2005
Great Response

Everyone: Thanks for the ideas...its just a few more days and my friends and I are SOOOOOOOOO excited about visiting the Juan Dolio/Santo Domingo area...

I will have to give you all a trip report.

Premier

Aug 8, 2003
Lastly, I found a place called Casa Coco Hotel. SWEET looking place but no A/C, so now's the time of year to stay there. I think the guy said $30 per night but don't quote me.

Also, no hot water, TV or fridge. The hotel is guest friendly (no doubles mind you), but the French ownership isn't overly receptive and accomodating to American guests (yes, what a surprise). For a few bucks more, I'd upgrade over to the Costalunga...

nikke

Sep 19, 2005
Hotel Fior De Loto, Juan Dolio

Hi All,

Well I just got back and I can now answer my own question. My friends and I ended up staying at Fior de Loto in Juan Dolio for the duration of our trip. We paid $10 US a night for a clean room with no a/c (it wasn't necessary as the nights were comfortable enough with the fan on to disburse mosquitoes) and hot water.

Mara, the owner of the motel was more than accommodating. Her and her staff really made us feel at home. It was the most unique hotel I'd ever stayed at, with all of its Indian paintings, artifacts and other decor, but I will stay there again.

There was electricity 24/7 with the exception of a 20 minute power outage on Sunday evening.

They even had a pyjama party that night featuring a DJ and a couple of local reggaeton artists. Great stay!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Hey....I missed the PJ party 'cause I had guests come in.....
Oh well.....at least the gym is reopened and Yoga and belly dance classes as on again!!!

nikke

Sep 19, 2005
Pyjama Party at Fior Di Loto

Hey....I missed the PJ party 'cause I had guests come in.....
Oh well.....at least the gym is reopened and Yoga and belly dance classes as on again!!!

Sorry I missed you! I'll have to let you know when I'm returning. I really liked the area.