Forming new company for importation

C

Chip00

Greetings my fellow DR1'ers.

I will be having a meeting tonight with a couple of friends about importation of items from US and Europe to sell here. Typically we would be buying enough merchandise to fill one container etc.

The "team" would be myself, my Ecuadorian neighbor, a Dominican friend that I and/or my wife's family have known for more that 10 years. My Ecuadorian friend has many years experience in this business and was doing quite well until one of his associates fled the country with all of the assets and the fellow is just now digging himself out of the hole. This guy is sharp and is college educated and does Business Plans. The Dominican friend is a seller/distributor of merchandise and knows the DR market well. So these guys have been part of this type of business and know the deal. I'm the only one who speaks English and can travel in addition to doing the proforma if need be. I'm a professional Engineer with a businees in Orlando but won't be going anywhere as the Dom. wife and kids are here and happy.

We plan on using a lawyer that is a personal friend of HB's that he recommended to write up the contract. Our time line has not been defined as of yet.

Any interested parties send me a PM.

Last edited:

elainehuf

May 8, 2004
Am wanting to contribute to a business

I live in Greenville, SC, and have just returned from Santo Domingo where my daughter and her husband live. I want to start getting involved in importing a needed product into the DR but need direction and advice. Anyone out there who wants to combine forces?

See my website at candleberryinn.us which is my business here in the upstate.

EH

C

Chip00

I live in Greenville, SC, and have just returned from Santo Domingo where my daughter and her husband live. I want to start getting involved in importing a needed product into the DR but need direction and advice. Anyone out there who wants to combine forces?

See my website at candleberryinn.us which is my business here in the upstate.

EH

Greetings. It will depend on what you want to import. We have a plan to go with tried and true things like household electrics, computers and clothes. Maybe you can be a little more descriptive or start a new thread asking what the people in this forum think. BTW I miss the upstate except for the cold - Clemson Class of '92 - go Tigers!

matthieu38

Feb 25, 2007
interested in doing business

Hello

I'm french,i speak english and spanish.I just spent 3 weeks in dominican republic and i'm interested in going there again, and why not doing business over there.
I was there on business,but it seems that the project is on standby,so i'm lookink for other job to do.

Let me know if you think you can be interested by me.

regards,

Matthieu

slrguy

Oct 17, 2006
Chip00

Maybe I'm just foggy, but I cannot figure out what "interested parties" you seek. Investors? Suppliers? Partners?

Enlighten me, please?

I've been involved in export of a wide variety of goods (from bulk rice to laptop computers) for a number of years, and always have an eye open for new opportunities- if I can figure out what they are...;)

Last edited: