Quitting vs Getting fired : LIQUIDATION ?

leafman

Jan 4, 2006

Can someone please let me know, do you only get liquidation pay from an employer if you get fired.
what if you decide to quit?
i have heard many answers ranging from :if you quit you get nothing, to if you quit you get 80% of what you would have got if you were fired. to getting only vacation pay.

does one need lawyers to be involved in either situation?
thanks

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You Quit,You Get "NADA"!

Get fired,you get $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

What a Phucked up "System"!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
If you quit, you are entitled only to whatever vacation pay and "regalia pascuale" you might have coming, no liquidation.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Depends

Get fired,you get $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

What a Phucked up "System"!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

You can get fired for cause(has to be proven), then you dont get the liquidation. Don't happen often. And has to be proven to the court.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
You can get fired for cause(has to be proven), then you dont get the liquidation. Don't happen often. And has to be proven to the court.
And they say that you have to have complained 3 times before it is considered a legal firing, however in cases of theft, there must be an exception, as I have managed to win that dispute a few times in the past..

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Yes

And they say that you have to have complained 3 times before it is considered a legal firing, however in cases of theft, there must be an exception, as I have managed to win that dispute a few times in the past..

But again has to be well documented. :bunny:

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Outside Santo Domingo and Santiago, expect to get fleeced as an employer by corrupt judges and lawyers. Better off just paying liquidation and save yourself lots of money, time, and grief.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Outside Santo Domingo and Santiago, expect to get fleeced as an employer by corrupt judges and lawyers. Better off just paying liquidation and save yourself lots of money, time, and grief.

Yes and no. I know of one business in the Sosua/Cabarete area that has yet to loose in court, they have one every case. Sitting down and talking to them was an eye opener for me, they knew the labor code inside out and every trick in the book. Tricks go both ways... ;)