It seems we're Back to codetel

skiller

Aug 9, 2004
www.neteksolutions.net
Well i was browsing their main website Verizon.com.do and you can see a image with the Codetel word on it, this has a link about the configuration to the Outlook accounts with @codetel.net.do also today i saw and ad on the Listin Diario newspaper on the society section. Well anyways it seems that we're back to codetel, lets hope at least that they improve their service :ermm:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
as shakspear said: that we call a shyt under by any other name will smell the same....

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Goodbye Verizon, Codetel is back
All today's newspapers carry a two-page advertisement announcing the official changing of the guard at Verizon, the nation's largest telecommunications company. The announcement by American Movil, the largest telecommunications business in Latin America, says that the mobile communications segment will be known as CLARO, and CODETEL, the previous brand name for the telephone company, would be again used for the segment in charge of land lines and internet services.

Bear

Aug 15, 2006
Choice for Land Lines and DSL

We have just been notified about the change of our e-mail from
verizon .net .do to claro-codetel.
We had heard nothing good about the prior service of Codetel before we
arrived in the DR.
The question is how do we change to another DSL provider if we are not
happy with the change or service after April 30. It is a royal pain in the
a** to change e-mails with all banks, credit card and other companies.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Bear

vevy

Feb 14, 2006
What is the truth behind Verizon's "departure" from the DR? Any predictions regarding future service (or would it be best not to ask?).

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
What is the truth behind Verizon's "departure" from the DR? Any predictions regarding future service (or would it be best not to ask?).

They will continue with Verizon technology and Codetel customer service.

That's called batting 500 in baseball.

(For metric football and cricket fans that's getting a 'hit' every other time at bat which is a good thing.......in baseball)
:dead: :hurt:

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Service is probably not going to improve and technology wise they will start falling behind like they are in other Latin countries where they own companies.

At least with Verizon we would get the latest technologies implemented...that's about to change, even if you won't notice it right away.

Hopefully this will mean that Orange will start gaining a larger space and maybe they will keep bringing in the latest technologies...

sweisser

Jan 30, 2007
We were on the Verizon site last night, as we are looking to move to the DR, and it was a bit confusing. So, who do I go to for a land line, internet (we need speed) and cell services?

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
For me it will always be Verizon.

People said the same thing when Codetel changed its name to Verizon some years ago : WTF is that Verizon name, for me it'll always be Codetel !!!

Years have passed, and some older people still call it Codetel, but most folks got used to the new name... Same will happen with Claro-Codetel...

Anyway, I'll happily stick with Orange for my cell-phone !

:)

sweisser

Jan 30, 2007
Codatel - Verizon

When we clicked on the link in Google to go to Codatel it sent us the Verizon - aren't they one and the same?

sweisser

Jan 30, 2007
People said the same thing when Codetel changed its name to Verizon some years ago : WTF is that Verizon name, for me it'll always be Codetel !!!

Years have passed, and some older people still call it Codetel, but most folks got used to the new name... Same will happen with Claro-Codetel...

Anyway, I'll happily stick with Orange for my cell-phone !

:)

So, what makes Orange better?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
swiesser, I would have interpreted it just as you did. Sorry, Chris, I don't see how it can be interpreted any other way. sweisser asked a question and got an answer in the next post.