Just wandering >>>>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 9, 2006
Hola everybody

I was watching the news a month ago about the canadian who accidently brought home a scorpian from Puerto Rico last month. Just wandering if DR has poisonous snakes or spiders or anything else that may make me skin crawl. lol

michelle

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Stop wandering around and settle down in one place...just kidding!

Now if you're WONDERING about bugs in The DR, Yes there are spiders, mice, cockroaches, etc...No poisonous snakes that I know of. It IS a tropical country. Chances are you won't see any of these unless you visit or stay in the country side.

On one of my trips back from The DR I was waiting for my connecting flight in Miami when all of sudden this mouse ran out of this lady's carry on luggage. She was coming back from Jamaica. It was hilarious...all the women and a lot guys were climbing on chairs...a couple of the guys started chasing the mouse trying to catch it. I just sat there and laughed my a$$ off.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
or anything else that may make me skin crawl. lol michelle

A few weird expats some of whom keep signing on this board under different names, but with a bit of luck you'll never meet them in the flesh........:laugh: :laugh:

Do I assume from your handle you are coming here to get married? If they play 'Happy birthday to you' after the ceremony please don't be offended. It has happened.........lol ;)

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Hola everybody

I was watching the news a month ago about the canadian who accidently brought home a scorpian from Puerto Rico last month. Just wandering if DR has poisonous snakes or spiders or anything else that may make me skin crawl. lol

michelle
There are no poisinous snakes.
There are tarantulas and centipedes that could put a nasty bite on you.
That being said, you'd have a better chance of winning the lottery, than you getting bit/stung by one of the above.

canadian bob

Bronze
Jan 16, 2002
Biting midges & mosquitos are common & can be a problem. Suggest you bring a liquid repellent with "Deet". Put it on your ankles in the evening when they bite the most! Canadian Bob.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The most venemous thing in the DR are those infamous sankium dominicum, a well known predator. This insect generally feeds upon unsuspecting persons of foreign origin, since no self respecting member of the local community would get near one of these low-lifes.

There is no known repellant for the sankium dominicum. One social scientist suggested a strong dose of self confidence and common sense might work well against these insidious creatures.

A word to the wise: analyize why such an attractive, yet venemous creature would attach itself to the unsuspecting foreigner.

HB

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Money Squeezing Snakes

... why such an attractive, yet venemous creature would attach itself to the unsuspecting foreigner.

Well, as this land is euphemistically called 'the paradise' by so many, they should be aware of snakes of course.
The 'boa constrictor sankii' is not venemous, but lovingly squeezes all valuable life juice out of its victim ... :bunny:

Live and let live!

m'frog

Nov 9, 2006
sankium dominicum, this one gives me a good laugh. I have heard of those nasty critters, i even have met some people that got bit and can't get rid of the parasite it created. lol

lambada: we get those weird expats on other sits as well, but they are bold enough to keep there same handle.

ya iam getting married at Breezes POP during Holy week!!!! can't wait to be able to party with you all. Just hope us Canadians don't tire you guys out to much, lol!! Well, actually haven't drank since my college days (did enough to last a life time) so i will probley be drunking under the table pretty early. lol

michelle

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
There is no known repellant for the sankium dominicum. One social scientist suggested a strong dose of self confidence and common sense might work well against these insidious creatures.HB

I have found one repellant for the sankium dominicum. As soon as you see one ask him/her for money to help pay for a operation your mother needs to save her life.

Nov 9, 2006
i guess i should of said "drunken under the table" i usually don't pay attention to what iam writing on the forums, guess i better proof read my posts, lol.

Cyabye, thats a good one, especially after the government raised the judges fees for weddings, i should ask sankium to help me fund my judges fee!!!!

michelle

Status
Not open for further replies.