Bringing in Automobile for Resale

drtampa

Bronze
Oct 1, 2004
New Ulm, TX
How long do you have to retain title to an automobile that you bring into the DR with your container duty free with your temporary residency exemption?
If you brought in a Mercedes G Class how long would you have to retain title if you purchased it as an investment and stored it for resale?
I know that there is a length of ownership and vehicle age, but is there a maximum value for an exempt automobile?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
How long do you have to retain title to an automobile that you bring into the DR with your container duty free with your temporary residency exemption?
If you brought in a Mercedes G Class how long would you have to retain title if you purchased it as an investment and stored it for resale?
I know that there is a length of ownership and vehicle age, but is there a maximum value for an exempt automobile?
If you mean, here in the DR, I don't think you have to retain it any length of time before selling it, but worth asking your lawyer, just to be sure.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Any maximum value for free entry? It ssems that it might be a prudent investment if you know when you will be moving.
It very well might be, but I highly recommend talking to a good lawyer, then running his info through here, just to get a reality check.
Some lawyers have been known to.........i:pirate:

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
There are all kinds of laws and regulations governing the import of 'duty free' car for new residents. The car has to be so old, but not that old, it cannot be sold once here for so many years, etc etc.