Caribbean Baseball Series

Tony Cabrera

Sep 24, 2002
Lets hope that the Aguilas Cibaenas, bring the championship to DR, it is going to be a tough series this year.

Go Aguilas!!!:bandit:

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
They're the favorites

They opened at +100 in Vegas.

Next closest team - i believe - was the PR or VZ, another 80 cents.

Sep 19, 2005
Jose Lima was still in the game in the sixth inning, and as best I can tell it was tied at 1.....it is tough finding info on the game here

bob

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
They are tied at 3-3 in the bottom of the 18th. Venezuela scored one in top of the 18th to take the lead. DR ccam back with an unearned run in the bottom of the inning. Currently DR has a man on second

\
with none out.

I will update.

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003
Watched the entire 18 innings. Wow! With VZ's great pitching, didn't think we had much of a chance. But we Won!!!!...Who's next and when?

C

Chip00

Cogelo ahi, cono!

Take that you PR priven peloteros - 12-0! Ya, dejen de burlarse de los Dominicanos!

I think this says it all:

Even the cheerleaders that danced on Puerto Rico's dugout every other inning called it a night by the eighth. In the end, Millie was gone, the stage was empty and Tito was nowhere to be found.

Ok - where will the celebration be?

Las Aguilas son ... que?

Tony Cabrera

Sep 24, 2002
What a game, today is Venezuela and then mexico, pretty much belong to us now.

Las Aguilas son las Aguilas!!!

C

Chip00

Panama y Cuba

Can anybody tell me why Cuba and Panama aren't part of this series? - they were in the WBC.

Guillen

Jan 5, 2007
Can anybody tell me why Cuba and Panama aren't part of this series? - they were in the WBC.

First, in order to be a member, those countries must have professional Baseball leagues (multiple teams)with working contracts with Major League teams for at least 5 years ( hard to do as Teams are very expensive to keep with low profit margin). In Cuba's case maybe after Fidel.
Second, Serie del Caribe is a Club not a country series. The use of the nationality card is to attract more fans.
Only Aguilas is making money here.
I do not see new additions in the near future.

Sep 19, 2005
First, in order to be a member, those countries must have professional Baseball leagues (multiple teams)with working contracts with Major League teams for at least 5 years ( hard to do as Teams are very expensive to keep with low profit margin). In Cuba's case maybe after Fidel.
Second, Serie del Caribe is a Club not a country series. The use of the nationality card is to attract more fans.
Only Aguilas is making money here.
I do not see new additions in the near future.

thanks....people here make me smarter all the time...I think its hard , others say its easy

how about a little insight as to your knowledge of the carribean baseball info?

please

bob