nouveau-riche4.jpg

130147922_7ac7d8945d55.jpg

132598545_4a6f72b1bf_m.jpg

kitten-gun.jpg

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
In the immortal words of Forrest Gump...

"Stupid is as stupid does."

Although I am still sorry this happened to him.

Gregg

Last edited:

holacanada

Sep 8, 2004
Ahh ! Ces Qu?b?cois..!

? part sa grosse bedaine et son bronzage de colon (2 choses qu'il ne peut pas cacher...), le voyageur qu?b?cois est invit? ? plus de discr?tion lorsqu'il sort de chez lui. Jonqui?re c'est d?j? tr?s loin des grandes villes, imaginez Punta Cana...
Comme quoi la richesse n'apporte pas n?cessairement l'intelligence...

Holacanada from Quebec city

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
For the linguistically challenged....

? part sa grosse bedaine et son bronzage de colon (2 choses qu'il ne peut pas cacher...), le voyageur qu?b?cois est invit? ? plus de discr?tion lorsqu'il sort de chez lui. Jonqui?re c'est d?j? tr?s loin des grandes villes, imaginez Punta Cana...
Comme quoi la richesse n'apporte pas n?cessairement l'intelligence...
Apart from his big fat belly and his country boy sun tan (2 things, he cannot hide), the Quebecker traveler is invited to be a bit more discreet when he goes out. Joncquiere (Town/city in Quebec) is already far from the big cities, just imagine Punta Cana.
As you can see, wealth does not necessarily bring you intelligence.

holacanada

Sep 8, 2004
Apart from his big fat belly and his country boy sun tan (2 things, he cannot hide), the Quebecker traveler is invited to be a bit more discreet when he goes out. Joncquiere (Town/city in Quebec) is already far from the big cities, just imagine Punta Cana.

Rocky, you're translation was Perfect !!!!! I particurally like : his country boy suntan..!

Instead of the Dominican carnivals, we presently are in the winter carnival just for the snow, it's worth a look..! http://www.carnaval.qc.ca/en/zonepolaire.fonds.asp

Holacanada from Quebec city

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Sorry for the fellow. He ws lucky.....

Of course the hotel--if it was on the grounds--had better beef up its security.

He was poorly advised, of course. He did not read DR1 on how to travel to the DR....

HB

WebDev

Jan 1, 2002
samana.net

Rocky!
M. Pierre Basque is a bar owner!

celebration2_texte.jpg

M. Pierre Basque
Ce propri?taire de bar bien connu de Jonqui?re
Read here:Loteries de Loto-Qu?bec - Salon des gagnants

WebDev

vince1956

On Vacation!
May 24, 2006
Dominican Lottery US$1M plus winner?where are you?

Thought i would add this here dominican today
SANTO DOMINGO.- It?s been 9 days since the 43 million peso (over US$1 million) drawing was won by a person in Moca, but no one has come forth to claim the money in the offices of the Dominican lottery operator Leidsa.

"Apparently the winner of the drawing is holed up," said this morning an employee of the pharmacy Emmy, in the Ramon C?ceres highway, in Moca, where the winning ticket was sold.

In Leidsa? offices in Santo Domingo as of noon today Monday no one has come to pick up the money and last week reporters of the newspaper El Nacional visited at least two houses of people who are rumored as the possible winners, but there was no winning ?feel? in neither place while relatives and friends also denied it.

The winning numbers combination was 01-05-06-09-18-20, drawn on Saturday, January 27, but it seems that so far the winner wishes to keep a low profile.

Leidsa sets a 60 day deadline for winners to claim their prizes, but they traditionally do so on the day after the drawing.

Last year one of the winners did not claim their prize, which was 22 million pesos, amount which was added to the accumulative in the drawing following the expiration date.

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Any society that has to "adapt" to survive amidst such barbarism and anarchy......

....in the immortal words of Bill Parcells....."You are what you are." The DR may no longer be a paradise...but a fester....

Do not blame the victim....blame the hooligans.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I think that everyone knows that the criminals who perpetuated the crime, are to blame.
But we also recognize that the victim acted the fool, and attracted attention to himself, by flaunting his wealth.
Some might say he was unwise, others ignorant, others might just call him stupid.
Whichever it is, the point here is that there's nothing we can do to give him back what was stolen, nor replace his finger, but we sure as heck can warn others to not be as foolish as him.

Steve Costa Azul

I love Rocky's Ribs!
Jul 15, 2006
Well Said

Any society that has to "adapt" to survive amidst such barbarism and anarchy......

....in the immortal words of Bill Parcells....."You are what you are." The DR may no longer be a paradise...but a fester....

I have to agree with you 100%! This guy has lost his finger for the rest of his life, because of some Dominican low life scumbags that are willing to hack you with a machete! He will never go back to the Dominican, nor will his friends or many others that hear this story.

I guess we should all look around before we pull out our digital cameras just in case we lose a digit. This poor (rich) guy is getting dumped on, when it is criminal behavior that is the problem.

Nice job losing more tourist $$ to other destinations, I hope they're proud of their accomplishments.
Immoral scum!

Last edited: