Legal limit what a joke

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Just read where the legal limit for "drunk" drivers using the new breathalizer tests have been set. Seems that it will be:
2.15 for drivers and..
1.50 for drivers transporting passangers (taxis?) or goods

Now the legal limit in the US is 0.08. That makes the DR 3 times that limit. For those of you who know if you are at 3.0-4.0 some where in that range you are in an alcohol induced coma, and at over 3 most will pass out.

So continue to drink, dirve and be merry just try be concious.

Bob K

Last edited:

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
A tolerance level of 0.25 mg/l in air has been set for drivers in general, while drivers who transport passengers and goods need to comply with a maximum 0.15 mg/l limit in air, as reported in Diario Libre

Sorry missed the dicimal point it was eary in the morning when I read this and was in shock. However the limit is 0.08 in the US and the levels that i quoted about comas etc are 0.3 to 0.4. So the 3 times analogy still applies.

Above is the quote for the news here on this web site. So it appears to be no joke, joke:ermm: :ermm:

Bob K

SURFUP69

May 24, 2006
The breathalizer will not work, because as soon as they take them out to test you and they hit the air they will be over the legal limit. People drinking everywhere.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
A tolerance level of 0.25 mg/l in air has been set for drivers in general, while drivers who transport passengers and goods need to comply with a maximum 0.15 mg/l limit in air, as reported in Diario Libre

Sorry missed the dicimal point it was eary in the morning when I read this and was in shock. However the limit is 0.08 in the US and the levels that i quoted about comas etc are 0.3 to 0.4. So the 3 times analogy still applies.

Above is the quote for the news here on this web site. So it appears to be no joke, joke:ermm: :ermm:

Bob K

The authorities have decided to cut through all this technicalese crap, and will go by what the instrument says: green, it?s ok to drive; orange, you're definitely under the influence and authorities can retain your vehicle; red, legallt ?drunk?.

ElNacional On Line

Also, if the driver is reluctant to take the alcohol test, his behavior will be considered resisting authority.

ElDia On Line

By the way, the 'breathalyzers' are model CDP-6000 Professional, from Vilarta Technology, S.A, (Viltech).

Any ideas on how you can foil the results of these instruments?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Just call you coronal friend and he will sort out any problems you have with the Breathalyzer machine. I am not even worried about this new law. They can take that instrument and shove it. My life stays the same.
AZB

Sep 19, 2005
making the road safer is good and i dont want to be negative, because i have had relatives who were killed by drunk drivers..

but

I really think 90% of all drivers could pass a drivers test with a blood alcohol level of .08.

they are just going as close to zero tolerance levels as they can.

.25 is a start.....I really think they should make everyone have lights on at night first....I think that would save more lives than reducing drunk driving...and in the same subject arrest the idiots with 1,000,000 candlepower lights on the front of their monster SUVs, and busses....they blind the crap out of you, where you cant see nothing.......

oh forget it....you can argue with a rock

let them do what ever they want

bob

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
In North America (etc) 0.08 percent as a limit means 80 milligrams per 100 millilitres in blood -- even though it's measured form a breath sample.

DR limits are quoted above in mg/litre in air presumably that which the person breathes out.

You cannot compare these apples and oranges without more information ...

... and I am not bored enough right now to Gooogle it.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
... I really think 90% of all drivers could pass a drivers test with a blood alcohol level of .08.

A general legal limit for alcohol blood level is arbitrary, and breathalyzers are unjust. It is a known scientific fact that there are populations (Women, Amerindians, Orientals...) that metabolize alcohol differently from others. Then there is the issue of weight... not everyone holds their liquor the same way. There are actually some people who drive better 'under the influence' than 'stone cold sober'. There's still nothing better as a drunkeness indicator than the physical response and balance tests of old...

Last edited:

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Bob,

Works fine for me in Mozilla and Internet Explorer.

Send me an e-mail at Gregg.Andrews@GMail.com and I'll attach it to the reply.

Does it work or not for anyone else?

Gregg

probably because it's a pdf file...

I read it, and liked the following:

?the manufacturer / distributor does not admit responsibility for the use of the device, since this alcohol testing unit should never be used the the aim of carrying out tests validated by the autorities, since these are not legally recognized.

?Other factors (breath, tobacco, quality of air, etc.) may affect the measurement, so please use these values a a reference only.?

Also, noticed that the results can be 'skewed' by wipping inside the mouthpiece with a cotton swap dipped in alcohol, which is something the authorities may be 'tempted' to do. Remember the radar speed detectors (where are they?), which the authorities used in Autopista Las Americas and other places, and were set at a fixed speed of 120 km/hours, and unsuspecting driver were surprised when the authorities showed then time and time again the same rigged speed?

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Also, if the driver is reluctant to take the alcohol test, his behavior will be considered resisting authority.

Anyone know the legal position if you refuse on health grounds? I don't drink so am not worried by a breathalyser BUT I'm very careful about what I put into my mouth and if I don't see the applicator taken out of an unbroken plastic cover in front of me, I would have no option but to refuse. In other countries there is the blood or urine option. Does that apply here? OK not a serious question..........;) I wouldn't mind giving a urine sample, because that is safe healthwise. Can't say the same for blood, of course.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Anyone know the legal position if you refuse on health grounds? I don't drink so am not worried by a breathalyser BUT I'm very careful about what I put into my mouth and if I don't see the applicator taken out of an unbroken plastic cover in front of me, I would have no option but to refuse. In other countries there is the blood or urine option. Does that apply here? OK not a serious question..........;) I wouldn't mind giving a urine sample, because that is safe healthwise. Can't say the same for blood, of course.

Lambada, considering your health concerns, your best bet is to explain them to the officer, and offer to blow into the machine through a wrapped up one hundred peso bill, of course, make sure the officer understands that he is allowed to keep the bill...

Malory

Jul 27, 2006
Conversions

Just read where the legal limit for "drunk" drivers using the new breathalizer tests have been set. Seems that it will be:
2.15 for drivers and..

Now the legal limit in the US is 0.08. That makes the DR 3 times that limit. For those of you who know if you are at 3.0-4.0 some where in that range you are in an alcohol induced coma, and at over 3 most will pass out.

Bob K

You are thinking of the US standard of alcohol per DL of blood, this alcohol per ML of air, I can't recall formula right off but you need to divide by something like 20,000 to compare to what you "think" you see

.25 would equate to something like .06 per DL of blood, the standard US BAC

Malory

Jul 27, 2006
Conversions

2.15 for drivers and..

Bob K

You are thinking of the US standard of alcohol per DL of blood, this alcohol per ML of air, I can't recall formula right off but you need to divide by something like 20,000 to compare to what you "think" you see

.25 would equate to something like .06 per DL of blood, the standard US BAC

Don't take this figure as advice, only a quick conversion in my head, but close enough for "Dominican Law Enforcement":[/
B]ermm:

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Lambada, considering your health concerns, your best bet is to explain them to the officer, and offer to blow into the machine through a wrapped up one hundred peso bill, of course, make sure the officer understands that he is allowed to keep the bill...

You cracked me up!!!!

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
what if they switch tips, what if they already blew a red and now it's yours. they probably already have a good supply of failed tests to pass out. this is a "say-so" ordinance. " why do i have to go to jail officer?" ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, "because i say-so"