Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Legal limit what a joke

Just read where the legal limit for "drunk" drivers using the new breathalizer tests have been set. Seems that it will be:
    2.15 for drivers and..
    1.50 for drivers transporting passangers (taxis?) or goods

Now the legal limit in the US is 0.08. That makes the DR 3 times that limit. For those of you who know if you are at 3.0-4.0 some where in that range you are in an alcohol induced coma, and at over 3 most will pass out.

So continue to drink, dirve and be merry just try be concious.

Bob K
    Last edited by Bob K; 02-03-2007 at 08:15 AM.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

is that true? I can´t believe that. You must have misread something.

Rest in peace Amigo!
    Post Thanks / Like

Decided to stay away from this one.
    Last edited by FireGuy; 02-03-2007 at 08:43 AM.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

A tolerance level of 0.25 mg/l in air has been set for drivers in general, while drivers who transport passengers and goods need to comply with a maximum 0.15 mg/l limit in air, as reported in Diario Libre

Sorry missed the dicimal point it was eary in the morning when I read this and was in shock. However the limit is 0.08 in the US and the levels that i quoted about comas etc are 0.3 to 0.4. So the 3 times analogy still applies.

Above is the quote for the news here on this web site. So it appears to be no joke, joke

Bob K

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

The breathalizer will not work, because as soon as they take them out to test you and they hit the air they will be over the legal limit. People drinking everywhere.

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
    A tolerance level of 0.25 mg/l in air has been set for drivers in general, while drivers who transport passengers and goods need to comply with a maximum 0.15 mg/l limit in air, as reported in Diario Libre

Sorry missed the dicimal point it was eary in the morning when I read this and was in shock. However the limit is 0.08 in the US and the levels that i quoted about comas etc are 0.3 to 0.4. So the 3 times analogy still applies.

Above is the quote for the news here on this web site. So it appears to be no joke, joke

Bob K
    The authorities have decided to cut through all this technicalese crap, and will go by what the instrument says: green, it’s ok to drive; orange, you're definitely under the influence and authorities can retain your vehicle; red, legallt “drunk”.

ElNacional On Line

Also, if the driver is reluctant to take the alcohol test, his behavior will be considered resisting authority.

ElDia On Line

By the way, the 'breathalyzers' are model CDP-6000 Professional, from Vilarta Technology, S.A, (Viltech).

Any ideas on how you can foil the results of these instruments?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Just call you coronal friend and he will sort out any problems you have with the Breathalyzer machine. I am not even worried about this new law. They can take that instrument and shove it. My life stays the same.
    AZB

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

making the road safer is good and i dont want to be negative, because i have had relatives who were killed by drunk drivers..

but

I really think 90% of all drivers could pass a drivers test with a blood alcohol level of .08.

they are just going as close to zero tolerance levels as they can.

.25 is a start.....I really think they should make everyone have lights on at night first....I think that would save more lives than reducing drunk driving...and in the same subject arrest the idiots with 1,000,000 candlepower lights on the front of their monster SUVs, and busses....they blind the crap out of you, where you cant see nothing.......

oh forget it....you can argue with a rock

let them do what ever they want

bob

Rest in peace Amigo!
    Post Thanks / Like

Just to fuel the debate here's a link to the manual for the CDP-6000

CDP-6000 Manual

Interesting reading.

Note the disclaimers.

Gregg

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

In North America (etc) 0.08 percent as a limit means 80 milligrams per 100 millilitres in blood -- even though it's measured form a breath sample.

DR limits are quoted above in mg/litre in air presumably that which the person breathes out.

You cannot compare these apples and oranges without more information ...

... and I am not bored enough right now to Gooogle it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast