Weekend in Samana

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimhe

Mar 26, 2006
I am living in Juan Dolio. My family and I are trying to spend a weekend (Feb 17, 18, 19) up in Samana for a whale watching trip. However, we are having a difficult time finding a place to stay. There are not too many hotels showing up online and those that are showing up are booked. If anyone has a recommendations I would love to hear from you.

My wife and I have three kids so we are ideally looking for two rooms. Since we will be out exploring I am not looking at the all-inclusives (though they seem to be all booked up too). Clean and with A/C are the only major requirements.

Also, if you have any "must see" suggestions for while we are there I would like to hear them too.

Thanks,
Jim

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I am living in Juan Dolio. My family and I are trying to spend a weekend (Feb 17, 18, 19) up in Samana for a whale watching trip. However, we are having a difficult time finding a place to stay. There are not too many hotels showing up online and those that are showing up are booked. If anyone has a recommendations I would love to hear from you.

My wife and I have three kids so we are ideally looking for two rooms. Since we will be out exploring I am not looking at the all-inclusives (though they seem to be all booked up too). Clean and with A/C are the only major requirements.

Also, if you have any "must see" suggestions for while we are there I would like to hear them too.

Thanks,
Jim
If you're booking your whale watching trip with Kim Bedall, she might be able to suggest a good place for accommodations.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Jim: Here is an adventerous possibility.

Get to Saman? as early as possible--long drive from Juan Dolio--and go to the area near the "churcha"--the old Methodist church inthe middle of town. Look for someone very dark and ask in English if they know of any apartments for rent for the weekend. You might ask for Do?a Efigenia or her daughter. She used to rent us apartments....they have three bedrooms and complete kitchens. Basic, rustic public housing, but fine for a weekend!

That should take care of things.

If not, go out the road to Las Galeras, and stop at La Tambora. They have nice cottages there.

Finally you might try www.elmarineque.com and talk to AndyB or Nicole.

They might have some space for you... You have to hit one of the three.

We never made arrangements...and we had three young boys with us...

See the whales!!!!!!!!!!!

HB

jimhe

Mar 26, 2006
thanks for the ideas. I suppose with three kids I am not quite adventuresome enough to just show up in Samana without a reservation. but I will try AnydB or Nicole.

I have booked a reservation with Kim already and asked her for suggustions on places to stay but she did not include any suggestions in her reply.

thanks,
Jim

champ

Dec 2, 2006
try china hotel in downtown samana ,,on the hill,,clean ,reasonable,good people

jimhe

Mar 26, 2006
champ,
do you know how to get in touch with china hotel. I have just searched and cannot find a web site or phone number. any help would be appreciated.

Jim

champ

Dec 2, 2006
i can get you the # on mon,,,also there is the hotel thats on the island,,don't no the name of it but it is awesome place,,will get you number asap,,,champ

BettyB2

Mar 9, 2006
Juniper - that is a lovely hotel and thanks for the link. I am considering Samana for next year and the price seems quite reasonable for such beautiful apartments......

Status
Not open for further replies.