Serbs in Dominician Republic!

dragan

Feb 5, 2007
Pomaze Bog!
Ima li ljudi koji bi hteli da mi saopste kako su se snasli u Dominikani, kakvih ima poslova itd.? Zainteresovan sam da boravim odredjeni period i nesto radim (zavrsio sam srednju elektro tehnicku, trenutno studiram tehnicki fakultet).

Unapred hvala,
Dragan B.

mvisnja69

Oct 22, 2004
Pozdrav!

Hola Dragan,

Let me make a point: with limited budged for one coming from Serbia, it will be very hard to start any kind of job seeking / start small business. No knowledge of Spanish and at least one more language (English, French) will lead you in disaster.

Monthly life expenses are 5 times more than in Serbia (I presume that you have your own place back in Serbia). Food will cost you about 4 times more and mostly it is not organic like back in Serbia. Infrastructure is a little bit worst when you compare it with Serbia.
And you can make perhaps 2 - 3 times more money here.

So for living you need 5 times more $, and you can make 3 times more $ = truly, would not recommend coming here.

Otherwise, politically and economically DR is very, very stable in compare with our home country.

Any questions, feel free to contact me. I came from Belgrade, and we can use our native language. Don?t wont to disturb others on this board using our language.
Good luck. Milos.

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
Rellosk I think ShadInToronto was referencing to posting on this board and has nothing to do with Serbs living here or being members of this board as evidenced by the post above.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Pomaze Bog!
Ima li ljudi koji bi hteli da mi saopste kako su se snasli u Dominikani, kakvih ima poslova itd.? Zainteresovan sam da boravim odredjeni period i nesto radim (zavrsio sam srednju elektro tehnicku, trenutno studiram tehnicki fakultet).

Unapred hvala,
Dragan B.

Translation of the above.

Thank God
Is there anyone to inform me how to dwell(make it)in Dominican Republic, what kind of jobs they offer etc? I am interested to spend some time and work there ( I graduate Electro Technical College, currently I am at Technical University)

Thanking you in advance.

Maybe he can help with the electric problem.????

translation done by a Serbian friend.:cheeky:

Ivanita

Dec 25, 2006
I'm Serbian too! You don't know how excited i was when i saw the title of the thread!

There are actually serbs in DR?!?

Dragane, pod kojim povodom ste odselili u DR?

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
I had a friend in Cabarete read the post out loud to me, since I wanted to hear the language spoken. Definitely some unusual sounds for someone used to hearing mostly English & Spanish.

I couldn't get him to respond on the forum, but add at least one Serb in Cabarete to your list of DR residents.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Several of the musicians in the DR's philharmonic orchestra are from that part of the world, going by their names, anyway.

There is (or was) a "Belgrade" restaurant in Bella Vista, on Avenida Sarasota and a steak house in Naco, just off Roberto Pastoriza Ave. owned by Serbs.

Ivanita

Dec 25, 2006
Several of the musicians in the DR's philharmonic orchestra are from that part of the world, going by their names, anyway.

There is (or was) a "Belgrade" restaurant in Bella Vista, on Avenida Sarasota and a steak house in Naco, just off Roberto Pastoriza Ave. owned by Serbs.

Those will definatley be on my list of places to see! How interesting.

dragan

Feb 5, 2007
Cao Ivanita,

nisam se jos odselio u DR ali zelja mi je da dodjem i boravim neko vreme (nesto radim).
Cime se vi bavite? Jel ste zadovoljni DR?

Pozdrav,
Dragan.

Ivanita

Dec 25, 2006
Cao Ivanita,

nisam se jos odselio u DR ali zelja mi je da dodjem i boravim neko vreme (nesto radim).

Pozdrav,
Dragan.

Kada sam procitala vas post opet skontala sam da niste jos otisli. Ja zivim u Americi ali bih voljela otic u DR za par godina, mozda pred krajem faksa, ali nista nije sigurno, ima jos 3-4 godina do toga. Bas mi je drago da sam nasla nekoga ko bih isto isao dole! Vi zivite sada u Srbiji? Ja sam porijeklu iz Hercegovine.

Pozdrav,
Ivana

dragan

Feb 5, 2007
Kada sam procitala vas post opet skontala sam da niste jos otisli. Ja zivim u Americi ali bih voljela otic u DR za par godina, mozda pred krajem faksa, ali nista nije sigurno, ima jos 3-4 godina do toga. Bas mi je drago da sam nasla nekoga ko bih isto isao dole! Vi zivite sada u Srbiji? Ja sam porijeklu iz Hercegovine.

Pozdrav,
Ivana

Da, sada zivim u Srbiji u Novom Sadu. Koje ste godiste, koji faks studirate? Ja studiram Tehnicki fakultet.
Pozdrav,
Dragan.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Serbs beware! Vincho is on your track...

Listin On Line

? Hay evidencias de que hay mafias rusas, a trav?s de elementos de Los Balcanes o Europa del Este, haciendo operaciones en las costa norte y eso es peligroso porque genera mucha violencia?, explic? el ex director del Consejo Nacional de Drogas ( CND).

dabl

Apr 23, 2006
POzdrav Dragane,

Sve zavisi sta ocekujes od Dominikane? JA sam bio tamo, vidio sve, lijepo se proveo i vratio... Da ces zaarditi tamo neke pare neces:) Da ces lijepo zivjetii steci nova iskustav hoces...
Da ces tamo nesto raditi tesko bez poznavanja Spanskog i Engleskog.
Jeidna opcija jeste da pokrenes tamo nekakav posao.. Ali bez debljeg novcanika ne idi u nikakve poslove Unaprijed osudjeno na propast...
Spremi se 3-6 mjeseci da prvo upoznas zemlju, ljude jezik, istazis mogucnosti, obezbjedis si boravak, papire, a do tad ces vec znati sta i gdje . ne treba nikoga da pitas za savjete.... I jos nesto
Ako vec odes tamo sto dalje od Srba :) Mislim EX-Yugoslovena...
Drzi se svog posla i radi..

Pozdrav

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
If this continues much longer, we're going to have to get a serbian translator and moderator. ;) These folks could be starting the next political party and we'll never even know it.

Please, translations for those that speak English and let's continue in English. Use the private message system or your e-mail for conversations that the rest of us cannot understand.

mvisnja69

Oct 22, 2004
EN Translation

Cao Ivanita,

Pozdrav,
Dragan.

Hi Ivanita,
I'm not so far in DR but I would like to come and stay there for the while (work also).
What are you doing for life? Are you happy with DR?
Regards.