waiting 3 month to have internet at home ???

caro

Sep 24, 2003
hi everyone ,

I go today to the main office of verizon in POP for asking to have a phone lign and internet at home. with my passport I could have the phone right now but have to wait 3 month to have internet .it is always like that ? everybody have to wait 3 month to have internet at home ?

how I could do to have internet in a few week and not waiting to have the phone with us for 3 month? it is possible?

someone have advice for me ?

thank you

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
hi everyone ,

I go today to the main office of verizon in POP for asking to have a phone lign and internet at home. with my passport I could have the phone right now but have to wait 3 month to have internet .it is always like that ? everybody have to wait 3 month to have internet at home ?

how I could do to have internet in a few week and not waiting to have the phone with us for 3 month? it is possible?

someone have advice for me ?

thank you
Did they give you a reason for the long wait?

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
they said it s always like that for new customer . they need to have phone for 3 month and after we can ask for internet.
Doesn't sound right to me, but I'm not an expert.
Seems to me that I know people who got both in 2 weeks.

caro

Sep 24, 2003
Doesn't sound right to me, but I'm not an expert.
Seems to me that I know people who got both in 2 weeks.

I was thinking the same thing its why I am asking here . I try it the search here but not found something that answer my question ...so I wish someone could help me ...

thank

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I was thinking the same thing its why I am asking here . I try it the search here but not found something that answer my question ...so I wish someone could help me ...

thank
The only person who can help you, would be someone who has local connections with them, and knows that it should not be that long a wait.
Are there any special circumstances, like you live far from the nearest telephone pole, or anything like that?

caro

Sep 24, 2003
Are there any special circumstances, like you live far from the nearest telephone pole, or anything like that?

no anything like that ... and some people around my house have phone at home

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
This is the first time I have ever heard this. I have phone and internet and have helped lots of others get installed etc. Is it possibly new regulations with the change of ownership???

caro

Sep 24, 2003
This is the first time I have ever heard this. I have phone and internet and have helped lots of others get installed etc. Is it possibly new regulations with the change of ownership???

can I ask you what they asking you ?

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
MM Infrastructure

How about getting an internet access via satellite?
That would make you independent from the MM infrastructure.
Once the investment is done I find its subscription cost competitive with MM providers' schemes.

m'frog

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
How about getting an internet access via satellite?
That would make you independent from the MM infrastructure.
Once the investment is done I find its subscription cost competitive with MM services.

m'frog
Because it costs a lot more for the same given speed?

PlantaFULL

Oct 21, 2004
The reason is they are most certainly worried about customers (you) not paying their bills. They probably just want to see that you can pay 3 months phone before they install the costly DSL. Or won't they even give you modem access?

I did not have this problem here but in Florida with Verizon. As a new non-US citizen (legal Visa but new/blank credit history) they wouldn't activate me a phone line unless I payed $200 deposit & got someone who already was a customer with them to co-sign for me. Whats happening to you sounds similar.

If so, you gotta "show" them that you can afford it, if you know what I mean.

caro

Sep 24, 2003
planner you did that with many people so here my question ....

did it s change something if I am not working right now ?

if they look here I don t have anything on my name that will change something ?

with my passport and credit card of my country can it s work ? did they accept my credit card from my country ?

it s very frustrating to have the money to pay the service but can t have it ....

or if anyone have experience to tell me I will appreciate it ....

thank again

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
It took us 6 weeks and 3 trips to POP. to get it done. They said the lost the work order twice and each time had to get in line and start over. Also when the Dsl goes down Friday night they don't seem to get around to fixing it till Monday morning.

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003
????

Caro, It sounds as though you're not Dominican and are now residing in POP. So you must be using someones connection to post in DR1. so..Why isn't the person who's computer you're using now NOT helping you gain access to an ISP?

caro

Sep 24, 2003
Caro, It sounds as though you're not Dominican and are now residing in POP. So you must be using someones connection to post in DR1. so..Why isn't the person who's computer you're using now NOT helping you gain access to an ISP?

no I use mine to post and I go to a internet center near my house.