VHS Format in the DR

wendy_s

Oct 26, 2005
Does anyone know what is the most common VHS format used in the DR - PAL or NTSC? Muchas gracias!

vince1956

On Vacation!
May 24, 2006
PAL in the UK had a video of my wedding done on a cam corder transfered to VHS would not work in the uk used it as a blank ;)

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
PAL in the UK had a video of my wedding done on a cam corder transfered to VHS would not work in the uk used it as a blank ;)
There are ways to transfer it from one to the other, and also multi system VHS units, but that still does not mean you can play a PAL or Secam tape on a NTSC TV.

wendy_s

Oct 26, 2005
I have a video of my wedding in the DR given to me by the Italian guy who owns the hotel we had our wedding in and I'm just not sure what format he put it in 'cause it won't play on my VCR. I guess I'll just get it transfered into a DVD CD instead - I just thought maybe I would need to know what format it's in since the place I'd take it to would probably need to know.

Thanks!

vince1956

On Vacation!
May 24, 2006
Second wife blank tape

There are ways to transfer it from one to the other, and also multi system VHS units, but that still does not mean you can play a PAL or Secam tape on a NTSC TV.

:bunny: Marco that tape is history like the first dominican wife;)

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I have a video of my wedding in the DR given to me by the Italian guy who owns the hotel we had our wedding in and I'm just not sure what format he put it in 'cause it won't play on my VCR. I guess I'll just get it transfered into a DVD CD instead - I just thought maybe I would need to know what format it's in since the place I'd take it to would probably need to know.

Thanks!
I believe they use PAL in Italy.
There are shops who do transfers such as this, usually listed in the yellow pages.