Sousa info pls

Status
Not open for further replies.

JERSEY DAVE

Feb 14, 2006
Hey guys; hoping to be freshly divorced within the next couple of months. (court date coming up) And I plan to celebrate my single status with a trip to Sousa. Thinking april or may, when does spring break end over there? (I'm too old for that much action , 47) I've done the Boca Chica thing a few times before I remarried this same one I'm divorcing again (long story don't ask) And I understand from reading these forums, that Boca Chica is a little sister compared to Sosua. I speak enough spanish to get by, and am comfortable in traveling and staying in DR by myself. So with that said, I'd like some recomendations on a place to stay. I'd love a place with an ocean view,with a balcony or patio. Is there a beach strip with hotels? I don't know if this is practical there or not, I don't necessarly need or want a resort or all-inclusive, A pool would be nice, AC too. I'd like something with easy unrestricted access to the beach and the local bar/club resturant strip. I would want to be able to entertain "guests" without any major hassles. Of course decent security as well. My typical day probrably would start fairly early 8-9am (can't sleep late) with a good american style breakfast with a pot of coffe. then off to the beach (or pool?) to find a shady tree or cabana/umbrella and read a book for a few hours with a swim or 2 between chapters, lunch, few drinks, maybe entertain a friend for an hour or 2, nap for an hour or 2, dinner, nap, drinks, etc, etc., then bed, and repeat next morning. No daytrips or that kind of adventure needed. 6 or 7 days of this is what the doctor ordered.
So where should I stay? Don't want to spend a fortune, but not looking for a low budget vacation either.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
There is no spring break worth talking about, but Easter week is crazy with locals, so you would want to avoid that week.
There are no areas such as you describe in sosua.
Cabarete might fit the bill for you, although it's more geared to the young sporty crowd and costs a fair bit more than Sosua.
The thing is that there is no strip, such as you mentioned, in Sosua.

JERSEY DAVE

Feb 14, 2006
I got the impression Sosua was way better than Boca Chica, I was there in 95-96 and I enjoyed it. I stayed at a mid size hotel 20-30 rooms, that had a pool and bar/resurant on site, I was hoping to get the same with a view of the ocean, but thats not mandatory. I'm thinking some place
with ac, pool, resurant and bar on site or real close, would work, Some place I could have a guest, I could walk or get a cab to the beach for a couple of hours if need be. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
There is no spring break worth talking about, but Easter week is crazy with locals, so you would want to avoid that week.
There are no areas such as you describe in sosua.
Cabarete might fit the bill for you, although it's more geared to the young sporty crowd and costs a fair bit more than Sosua.
The thing is that there is no strip, such as you mentioned, in Sosua.

I would say the strip in Sosua is Pedro Clisante between Seacrets and La Roca.

newfaithnew

Feb 5, 2007
casa marina

just left the dr a week ago. loved casa marina. 3 1/2 star rating. rooms could use updating but the rest of the resort is excellent. This is all inclusive and food was excellent. 2 beaches at resort. one with activities, kids, noise, etc. the other is much quieter. walk out the gates of the resort and you are in sosua. also walking distance to beautiful sosua beach. as for "overnight guests", can't say that i tried having one. but you will certainly find lots of overnight guests within walking distance.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
There are very very few ocean front rooms in hotels in Sosua.
That's a Cabarete thing, but, Sosua might still be a better place for you, if you can live without the oceanview.
And yes, Sosua is way better than Boca Chica.

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
Casa Cayena. Five minutes to beach and bars. Guest friendly. Pool. 55 a night. Cable and AC! What else can I say? Oh yes, breakfast included. Not bad at all. EN Sosua!

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
there are all kinds of nice places on Dr. Rosen, a street.

i usually stay at el canto del delfin, 35 a night, pool/ac, guest friendly, supermarket across the street, bakery next door, 5 minute walk to beach, clubs/bars next street over. 809-571-2124, ask for harold.

if you want to walk on the wild side, try Hotel Europa.

Sep 19, 2005
I have stayed last nov in sosua and was within maybe a 5 minute walk from the main drag, but I had a room with a view of the beach...even though is wasnt a full screen view type....Sosua by the sea was the hotel...it might have more rooms with even better views of the ocean....but it isnt was most envision when they think a room on the beach with a view of the ocean.....like rocky said that may be more of a cabartete thing....I have seen a few hotels in sosua that ocean views..if not beach views.

here is an arial view of the main Sosua public beach in the fore front and a few hotels that obviously have views of the water and some are pretty close to sand.....

2wch8cw.jpg

bob

Last edited:

JERSEY DAVE

Feb 14, 2006
Sosua

Hey, again, Thanks guys! A wealth of info! Now to compare and decide!! (but I got plenty of time, as all this is advanced research)

Sep 19, 2005
Bear in mind that Sosua By The Sea is NOT "guest friendly".
but you are allowed to INVITE one of the other patrons to your room as a GUEST of YOUR room... ha ha ha ha

I am american and my GF is dominican...and luckily ...oh how very luckily I have been.....no one has ever questioned her or me coming or going to our rooms at any hotel I have gone to in the DR.....that would make her feel so bad..

bob

beyeneb@hotmail.com

Mar 1, 2007
Can anyone help me

Hello I wan to go to Boca Chica or Sosua, DR for my spring break which starts on 19th of March. I want to find a hotel that will cost me about $ 30-40 USD a night, because I'm a student I don't have a lot of money to burn so nothing fancy at the moment, I jsut want something with good shower, AC, and somewhere safe, and if there is a resturant and a bar that's a plus if not OH well. I also want to know the difference between Boca Chica and Sosua, such as which place have the best girls to chill with. I'm going there to party and have a lot of fun and I'm going there by myself therefor I want to get as wild as I can if you know what I mean. so which place is the best for that Boca Chica or Sousa? Also is it ok if I don't reserve a hotel, because I want to go there and look around and go with which ever is the best. Would I have a problem getting a room if I don't reserve one, and is there a hotel that allows girls to stay over or not? I heard that if your not OLD you usually don't get a lot of action is that true, and the time I'm panning to go is it a good time or not? this is my first time to DR,a nd I want it to be the best experience. Please anyone get back to me and let me know what it is.. Thank You,

pmey27

Oct 12, 2006
beyeneb.....

beyeneb...you will find a good place for that price.....delfin hotel as mentioned or the don antonio is another great one which provides free computer use for guests not just the free hook up...so leave your lap top at home.....but anywhere in sosua you can jump on a computer for only a few pesos...Rocky's has several good computers but don't bang the keyboard keys too hard as he values his equipment and you will get a stern lecture from him! His price for useage is lower than most places...he also has a few rooms and it is a great location. If you really want to go on a budget then stay in Charamicos on the other side of the beach from Sosua...a bit seedy but cheap and all the putas you can handle if thats what you are after!

Status
Not open for further replies.