advice on hotel or villa please

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
A friend of mine wants to come to DR on holiday with his family. He is looking for either a hotel with cottages on the beach and good food - not an all inclusive with long corridors and box rooms. If there aren't any of those type of hotels here (and I don't know of any) then a villa on or near the beach, with its own pool, maid and cook. He is bringing his wife and 3 teenagers. The two girls may bring their friends so ideally he will need 4 rooms or a 4-5 bedroomed villa. There is nothing like that here in Juan Dolio - anything that springs to mind anyone???? It is for July. He will also want to go out and about visiting the island, so would like help with that too - ie a good tour company. Thanks for your help.

Matilda

MrRiley

Feb 6, 2007
Try Capricho del Mar is under new ownership. They have four cottages and a villa. It may be what your looking for. Formely know as Coastal Cottages by the Sea. Ask for Scott, he is the new Manager. 809.571.9515 or www.CoastalCottagesbytheSea.com

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Matilda,
Cabarete seems to fit the requirements, except it puts them on the north coast. Several options for beach front apartments (or almost beach front) and multiple restaurants within a 5 minute walk on the beach.
Also a great place for teenagers with all of the sports activities as well as tour companies like Iguana Mama. They can travel easily from Pto Plata to Samana, explore the mountains, or even make a day trip to Jarabacoa.

Just a couple of names they can google that offer 2/2 apartments. Ocean Dream also has a 3/3.
Ocean Dream
Palm Beach Condos
Velero
Magnifico
(beach not as good right in front of Velero or Magnifico but accomadations are nice)

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Take a look at Plaza Real's webite that was posted recently here. If you look to the right of the pool near the entrance you will see that they have a villa there. I have seen them rent it out to families and they provided a maid, cook and nanny for the familes.