nightlife in Boca Chica

maestro

Feb 5, 2007
I am going to be in Boca Chica for a week in late February, can anyone give me an idea of the nightlife on Calle Duarte and the nightclub at the Hamaca where i'll be staying? I have travelled all over the world and never had a problem with safety, should i be concerned in Boca chica at night? Thanks for any advice.
Boston

irateskateboards

Oct 4, 2006
Boca Chica, Dominican Republic
if your looking for girls your on the right street.at night they close the street off like a block party.only about 3 blocks where all the bars are with one main one where everyone is at you'll know when u see it.i went alone 3 times this year and never had a problem.if any it would be the hassle of everyone asking you to buy them a beer.thats about it.you know the deal dont flash your money around and wear your jewelry showingly.i always am aware of my surrondings when i'm there but i never once felt like i was in danger ever.everyone is out to have a good night.they close everything up at midnight during the week and i think it was 2am for the weekends.best bet is buy it before it closes and take your party to your hotel.i love the place.i'm waiting for work to slow up so i can head out for another 2 weeks.i met alot of good amigos there.maybe i'll see ya down there!

maestro

Feb 5, 2007
thanks a lot, appreciate the advice, sounds on the money... how's the Hamaca, can I bring guests over there?

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
pretty tame these days

from what i hear.

been traveling there for a few years now. Last time duarte was pretty quiet. ITs a hard sell to my friends who want an actual night life (besides professionals).

and no..i dont think hamaca allows guests.

Lizzard

Sep 11, 2006
thanks a lot, appreciate the advice, sounds on the money... how's the Hamaca, can I bring guests over there?

Hi there I stayed at the Hamaca last year and you can bring guests in but you have to pay a day rate and I'm not sure of the price. I will also be in Boca Chica with my husband Feb 19 - March 7. We always party on the street for the last 10 yrs and have never had a problem. There is alot of tourist police in the streets and if your going for girls thats the place. We will be at the El Candil. Maybe we shall meet for some brugal and cervazas.
Lizzard aka Liz

Chinita8

Jan 26, 2007
Hamaca you can bring guests for a day pass on the beach ($50 for the whole day which starts @ 10am-5pm) or you can get half day passes which are like $25 and they start @3pm-5pm) and a night pass for the show (about $35 and that starts at 7pm and guests can go to dinner, any of the bars and the show). However you can no longer get disco passes if you are not a guest there. Security is pretty tight and if you are looking to bring back someone who isnt staying at the hotel it most likely won't happen because you wear bands.
The curfew in town is 12am on weekdays and then 2am on weekends. But the disco at hamaca (which is now a sports bar) is open till 3-4AM.
There is a new big colmado called Jumbo Super Fria which is just across the highway across the street from shell. It is quite busy on the weekends, it just opened a couple months ago.
Boca Chica is pretty safe, the people are nice just be aware of your surroundings.
My friends and I go there all the time so if you want to know more, pm me! Have fun!! We will actually be there first week of March! And our other girlfriend will be arriving in late March, you will tend to find her drinking benedicta @ jumbo. One of our bestfriends is a dancer at Hamaca!