Baseball between the "big league" seasons

Tache

Feb 17, 2003
I'm leaving for my second trip to Punta Cana in "four more sleeps". Does anyone have any information on special activities going on for Independence Day?

Also, my travelling companion is a big baseball fan. It seems that the two weeks we are there (Ocean Blue - Feb 15th to March 1st) is the hiatus between the winter and summer baseball leagues. Are there any local leagues that would have games during that time period. Given that we will be there for two weeks, taking a day or two to travel to one of the stadiums in the south is feasible, but we'd be just as happy to watch a local youth team - if there is such a thing near the resort areas.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
remember this is spring training for major leagues. i think there is always baseball somewhere but not of the quality of winter leagues...

Tache

Feb 17, 2003
Thanks Hillbilly! That was the conclusion I came to from my research, but thought it was worth checking with "the experts" in case there were any smaller local leagues that wouldn't be on the internet.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
what's really nice is to go and watch the young kids playing. when i was staying at casa marina, i use to watch the games across the street every night. it was almost like free entertainment and good games too....