Non AI's on Playa Dorada beach

curlyq

Mar 20, 2006
Hi,

I will be visiting POP in April and am interested in staying at a small hotel for a couple of nights that is near Playa Dorada beach. Can anyone recommend a nice place that rents by the night?

Thanks,

curlyq

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
There are loads and loads of small hotels, cabanas and apartments to rent in Puerto Plata which is only a short ride away from Playa Dorada.

I think one of the resorts in Playa Dorada has self catering apartments within their hotel....maybe that is an option???

curlyq

Mar 20, 2006
eralc777,

Can you give me any names of hotels? Have you personally stayed at any of them?

Thanks again,

curlyq

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
Ive stayed in a few different apartments in Puerto Plata....cant remember any exact names though. You would have to just drive around and find one though as I dont think any of them have websites or anything.

Are you hiring a car? It wouls be easy for you to search for an apartment if you do.

Maybe someone else will know which hotel has a non inclusive deal....im trying so hard to remember!!!

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
Casa Colonial

is a high-end non-AI in Playa Dorada. I've had lunch there & seen one of the rooms. A 5-star operation! Check out the web-site by Googling 'Casa Colonial'

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
I would guess that Casa Colonial may be a little too high end! Last time I checked it was silly money!

I would suggest Field of Dreams - just across the road from Playa Dorada.

I think if you google it - Field Of Dreams - Dominican Republice Hotel - it will come up!

Enjoy your stay!

curlyq

Mar 20, 2006
wishingiwasthere,

Thanks. I will check it out. Casa Colonial looks gorgeous but rates are sky high.

curlyq

curlyq

Mar 20, 2006
HI charlielyn,

I thought they were an AI. They rent rooms by the day? I will definately look into it.

Thanks,

curlyq

tlc32875

Apr 3, 2006
field of dreams

i have stayed at the field of dreams ..it is a great place ...right across rom the playa dorada gates...its a small place with a great food ..the owner is awesome ...and the workers are the best very funny ...very very clean rooms ..and decent priced ..and guest friendly ...there is a pic on the gallery under my name of the grounds if u want to look ...i stayed there a year ago in march with just my sister and i
hope this helps

curlyq

Mar 20, 2006
Thanks so much for the info guys. I checked out the site for Field of Dreams. It looks like a nice place, will probably stay there.

Tlc32875, do you have to pre book your room in advance or can I just walk in the day of?

Thanks again,

curlyq

curlyq

Mar 20, 2006
Hi

One more question. Is Field of Dreams "guest friendly"? I have a couple of friends coming from Santo Domingo for the weekend and would like us to stay together.

Thanks again,

curlyq

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
Field of Dreams is guest friendly. You need to call Billy and reserve a room. He is usually quite full. It is a popular spot with the guys. You will need a car to stay there. It is a little out of the way.

tlc32875

Apr 3, 2006
Thanks so much for the info guys. I checked out the site for Field of Dreams. It looks like a nice place, will probably stay there.

Tlc32875, do you have to pre book your room in advance or can I just walk in the day of?

Thanks again,

curlyq

we booked online...but came back the day before we were to leave and just walked in and got a room...billy is great

curlyq

Mar 20, 2006
hi

I emailed the hotel and Billy responded back saying that he only has two reservations for that week in April and I should be fine just walking in the day of.

Thanks to everyone who responded to my question.

curlyq

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
Billy is a great guy - I want to be just like him when I grow up ;-)

If you mention WishingIwasthere put you in touch I may get a discount on our next stay!

Hope you enjoy yourself and yes - it is guest friendly............

THink Billy has lots of friends as well!

Enjoy!

curlyq

Mar 20, 2006
Hi wishingiwasthere,

I will definately mention your name, I assume he knows you by your dr1 name?

I am looking forward to staying at a non AI this time, should be great fun.

curlyq