academic director for Creighton University in the DR

nebraskamom

May 4, 2005
Creighton University is a Jesuit Catholic University of 10,000+ students including graduate, medical, law, and undergraduates in Omaha, Nebraska. In conjunction with the Jesuit community, the University has established a study abroad program for American students from Creighton and other universities to study here in the DR (santiago) in a semester-long program focusing on the history, sociology, economics, and theological interaction between the first and third worlds. students study, engage in local service programs, and live in the campos for extended periods. the position description for the academic director is posted below. this is a position living in the DR working for Creighton university as a full-time professional. for more information check out Creighton University :: 404: Not Found or pm me.

Executive and Academic Director Encuentro Dominicano

The final candidate will serve as the executive and academic officer for the administration of the Encuentro Dominicano Program. To teach a six credit hour core class for the Encuentro Dominicano Program that analyzes the sociology, history and economics of the Dominican Republic in the context of community-based learning from the perspective of faith and justice. To propose and manage budgets for the Encuentro Dominicano Program. To serve as the executive and academic officer on site for the administration of the Encuentro Dominicano Program.

Candidate Requirements: M.A. in humanities or social science discipline. Demonstrated college teaching experience. Ph.D. in humanities or social science discipline preferred.

Applications accepted online only
Requistion #20070021
Application Information
Online App. Form: Welcome to the Online Employment System

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
A position for the self reliant..........? LOL Clicking on first link produces following message:

'Requested page not found
The page that you seek

Can not be found at this spot

Look within yourself'

I just love that last line :) ........appeals to my sense of humour.

nebraskamom

May 4, 2005
like everything in the dr

sorry about that-I just cut and past it and apparently that doesn't work on this board. if interested go to Creighton University, click on administration, human resources, current postings, and apply online. :cheeky:

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Thanks but I gave up my days in the academic world quite a while back. I was just being nosy about the academic qualifications required etc.........now I'm happily retired and as the mantra says 'looking within myself' :) .