Need LT Room with AC but reasonable price

Lafcadio

Jun 5, 2006
Hello all,

Does anyone know of a reasonably priced LT hotel with AC?
Would appreciate the phone number.

TIA

DavidM

Jun 29, 2006
I had the exact same issue when I was looking for a hotel room (I wanted one with A/C). There were not many options that even had A/C, and the few that I found were more expensive than I wanted to spend.

I ended up staying at the Kari beach Hotel.
Kari Beach Hotel Las Terrenas

It is a basic hotel with a very friendly owner. He only has a couple rooms with A/C, but even they have windows (which 95% of the outside air can be shut out by using the wooden shutters, but even then a little outside noise comes in the room, but this is far from the clubs/discos so the noise shouldn't be a problem. I was even there over a weekend and the restaurant onsite has a bar in it and it wasn't loud enough to bother me, and I think it closed pretty early (11pm?).

Anyway, I remember paying about $50 for the room with A/C, which is about $10 more than the average rooms that don't have A/C.

After visiting Las Terrenas, I have discovered other areas that I would like to explore next time, but I would have no problem returning to this hotel if the other options were full.

Just expect a very basic room and you won't be let down. Don't expect any carpet or many decorations. I have posted pictures of this hotel (and others) at this thread:

http://www.dr1.com/forums/north-east-coast/53745-pictures-some-hotels-near-las-terrenas.html