Urgent, Help Needed In Sd

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
A young female friend of mine (19) is believed to be hospitalized in a Santo Domingo hospital. Her name is Rosa Maria Sena-Velez.

From what I understand at this time she was abducted from her home in La Romana on or about Jan. 13th. by 3 men in an automobile. She was taken to SD where she was robbed, beaten, possibly raped, and left for dead. While in La Romana last week the family and I contacted the La Romana police and filled out a report. Apparently she has been found and is in a traumatized state, unable to speak, and needs additional medical assistance.

I have been unable to contact her father and brother since my return to Indianapolis, but have spoken with a cousin who says she and her sisters are looking after Rosa. As always there is a need for money in situations like this and I would be more than willing to help if I can get outside verification of the exact needs.

Due to my lack of skills in the Spanish language I am of little help from this end. The telephone for the hospital is (809) 596-3686. I believe it is a public hospital in SD, and I also believe her cousins are in contact with Rosa on a limited basis.

I would request that anyone willing to help me find the exact facts of this incident, the condition of this woman, and how I can financially assist her if needed, to please PM me.

I would be more than happy to pay the expenses of anyone in SD who could help me in this matter. Thank you for your consideration.

Chuckuindy

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Chuck,

Did you read the PM I sent you a few days ago? Keep what I said in mind, sometimes bad things happen to good people.

-NALs:(

C

Chip00

Chuck

Sent you a pm. I called the hospital and they wouldn't give me her info but let me talk with her father - she is doing better.

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Thanks Chip

As far as I know the entire family lives in La Romana and I am at the point that I do not trust family members. I have today spoken with the brother and a cousin who both assure me that there is a need for medication which they can not afford. My real need is for someone who is willing to actually visit the girl, talk to her doctor, and tell me how I can best assist Rosa.

I would prefer that I wire money to one of our board members and have it given directly to the hospital for her needs.

Chip00, I appreciate your assistance, I am making myself physically sick worrying about this situation.

Charlie

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Chuck...you have my number....call me!
I am at Plaza la Salud with PapaTony and may be able to help out with a personal visit....Call me!!

Syork

Sep 5, 2004
Help in La Romana

Chuck- we live in La Romana- my wife and I are missionaries here. PM me and we'd be happy to help in any way we can.

Rick