Staying at the RUI Resort

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJ84

Jan 22, 2007
I am heading to the DR For the first time in about a week and half... with one of my good friends.. we are booked to stay at the RUI resort. .and I was just wondering if it is a good resort? I guess we don't really have a choice in the matter now since we already booked it.. but i was just curious. thanks :) And also what are the best excursions that we should do while we are there??

Dawn W

Sep 3, 2006
Rui

Hi

I stayed at the Rui resorts last February (The Bachata). I thought the hotel and the staff were fab. I heard lots of varied comments about the food and upset stomachs while I was there and when I got back.I did suffer a little while I was there (my friend didn't) I think it was down to the oil that they cook in, don't think my tum was used to it.
Rooms were great - really clean and well stocked. Again, the staff couldn't do enough for you. The bar does stock international brands and will give you them if you ask.
The only downside, it's stuck in the middle of nowhere. Unless you are happy to jump into a taxi and go into POP (which has brilliant nightlife), there isn't anywhere that you could walk to if you fancy a change of scenery. We used to get a taxi about midnight (approx $40 return) and ride over to Playa Dorada- Mangu, Hemingways etc. Have a great time - we did!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.