To Sosua from Punta Cana - ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

batich

How to get to Sosua from Punta Cana, please?

Any ideas?

By air? Schedule?

Will appreciate alot!

Gracias!

A

apostropheman

well....you have 2 options, 3 if you include a taxi.:)

xmas 2005 i flew into punta cana, took a taxi to higuey and got an inexpensive hotel. the next morning i caught the 5:00am bus to santo domingo, then a cab to the caribe tours terminal and eventually got to sosua....at 1:20pm. pretty fast apparently although it felt like it took forever...but in reality only took 8.5 hours :D

for the return trip i flew from POP to punta cana airport with takeoff
takeoff leaves at 7:15 from from POP and takes about an hour of flight time. that was a much better option although more expensive and i enjoyed it immensely. takeoff is now $149USD each way and the bus/taxi version was less than $60USD plus hotel...about $30 IIRC for a total of about $90USD.

i posted my adventure on here somewhere if you care to search :)
How to get to Sosua from Punta Cana, please?

Any ideas?

By air? Schedule?

Will appreciate alot!

Gracias!

Last edited:

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
I recently did this trip from POP-PUnta Cana..it is long as stated (8.5hours) but I figure it cost me approx. $15 each way...cant beat that.
Take the express bus to Santo Domingo and then take a taxi to Maximo Gomez station where you will get the Bavaro Express bus to Punta Cana.
Good luck and enjoy!

A

apostropheman

$15 just for the buses is about right.

i included my taxi from the airport to higuey at $30, the taxi between the bus stations in santo domingo, the taxi from los charamicos to Rocky's and any other expenses...plus my hotel in higuey.

regardless it is a lot cheaper in terms of dollars to take the bus but i'd likely fly next time is i was loony enough to fly into an airport on the other side of the island from where my final destination was.:bunny:

Status
Not open for further replies.