The Luxury Real Estate Market

What do you think will happen in the luxury real estate market in the next few years?

• Boom

Votes: 39 42.4%
  • Bust

Votes: 38 41.3%
  • Not sure

Votes: 15 16.3%

• Total voters

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
A series of promising news have been appearing in the past few years concerning the luxury real estate market of the Dominican Republic. The most recent was the announcement that Donald J. Trump will be investing in the luxury real estate market at Cap Cana along with the announcement of a new plan by the Sandoval company to build a 60 stories luxury residences tower in Santo Domingo.

Taking into account all of this:

What do you think will happen in the luxury real estate market in the next few years?

A) Boom
B) Bust
C) Not Sure

-NALs

augustus

Dec 19, 2007
I was told by a rich friend here in Philadelphia, who was joining Mr. Trumps adventure, that Mr. Trump is bailing or bailed out, for now...........

But what do I know, I'm just a little fish ...............

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
i wood like to move there so i hope it will boom

In that case, from a strictly selfish perspective, you would probably prefer a bust that would lower overall prices.

Personally, I hope for neither, but instead a return to reasonable pricing, realistic financing, and roads, jobs, and training/education and other infrastructure to set the stage for an overall improved economy.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
I was told by a rich friend here in Philadelphia, who was joining Mr. Trumps adventure, that Mr. Trump is bailing or bailed out, for now...........

But what do I know, I'm just a little fish ...............
No it's your friend that is the little fish.
1-27-2009
Trump reiterates investment in Dominican resort

Close Gallery
Donald Trump in a file photo with Ricardo Hazoury.
Zoom Picture CAP CANA, Dominican Republic. ? After the resort group Cap Cana?s successful strategic reconstruction process, the Trump Organization reiterated its commitment to forge ahead with the development of the real estate tourism complex Trump at Cap Cana, said Trump Organization executive vice president Eric Trump.

?We?re very upbeat after learning that Cap Cana has been successful in its reorganization efforts. This means a great step forward in the project to make it one of the most spectacular destinations in the Caribbean,? he said.

Cap Cana board of directors president Ricardo Hazoury said he Trump Organization is one of the world?s most reputable developers, ?and we?re very happy to continue on the road to create the new great destination in the world?.

The Trump Organization signed an agreement with Cap Cana in February, 2007, a strategic alliance combining the Trump group?s recognized experience and luxurious facilities, with one of the world?s most beautiful destinations.

This luxury project includes the impressive lots of the promontory, a golf course, lots and villas, a beach club, condo hotel and residences with an ocean view.

Bob Boyd

Feb 3, 2004
The high end market is in a field of its own. Most of our clients are concerned, but these upscale projects aren’t built with money off of credit cards or relying on pre-sales.

Last edited by a moderator: