Eddy Herrera - "Remember" Song?

dangerousdave

Feb 18, 2007
I am looking to purchase the CD that contains the song "Remember" featured song #1 on eddyherrera.com. I have looked at Discografia for each of his CD's but can not find Remember listed. Can anyone help me with the CD name?

I have just returned from my first trip ever to the DR and loved hearing his music. Can anyone tell me other similar artists to Eddy?

Thanks, Dave

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Merengue Artists from the DR-

Although I can't assit you with the Eddy Herrera song you are inquiring about I can give you a short list of Dominican merengue artists that you can explore and choose from. Since we all have different music tastes I will gladly list some artists. Keep in mind some of the artists are old and have a reputable history in Dominican music, others are more popular in the past two decades or so. All good music if you can appreciate a variety of styles:

1/ Los Toros Band- old and new.

2/ Los Hermanos Rosario- classic merengue. No new music in the past three years but their music speaks for itself. Try Bomba 2000 which is a great album IMO.

3/ To?o Rosario- formed his own band after being with Los Hnos. Rosario. He has a repertoire of mostly good merengue. Some great albums are: Seguir?, Me olvid? de vivir, Quiero volver a empezar (super!) and Exclusivo.

4/ Pochy y su Cocoband- the older music is very interesting. If you have a chance try to find some of their early recordings. They are a crossover band (genres other than merengue)

5/ Alex Bueno- some of his merengue is good. One album I do recommend is S?lo merengue. One of his best in the genre IMO.

6/ Eddy Herrera- strong voice, good classic merengue rhythm. I recommend two of his older albums: Alma gemela as well as Atrevido.

-LDG.