Dominicans in North West - UK

Dawn W

Sep 3, 2006
If there are any Dominicans or anyone who is into Salsa/ Merengue and Bachata. Just thought I would let you know of a brilliant social night that has started at 'The Groves' down by the river in Chester. They play all the music mentioned, the DJ is a guy called Mike who is from the Caribbean. There's a great bunch of people and only ?3 to pay on the door.Also,

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
Wow that sounds great!! Ive been looking for a Dominican type place to go in Liverpool and Manchester but never found anywhere...this place may be just the place to keep me going until I get to go back to DR!!!

chella

Aug 19, 2004
copacabanas,la tasca

me and my dh go too copacabanas latin club on dale street manchester ...fab place been there for years its a reasturant also and the disco starts at ten they also offer salsa lessons from 8 i think ......also theres la tascas on deansgate not been for a while reasturant upstairs and disco down although bit small not as good as copas ......you should go!!!
thanx for the tip about chester bit far for us though xx

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
I love the Copacabana too. In fact, I was there briefly last Saturday night. Will have to try La Tasca sometime.

Ceri

Oct 11, 2005
Thanks for that Dawn. My husband (from DR) only live in Wrexham and I work in chester! xx