entertainment staff on resorts

Santiago-c

Feb 19, 2007
though the job seems so basic i think there might be more than meets the eye to become part of the entertainment staff on the resorts (the people who constantly talk to you making sure you're having a good time, participate in the daily activities and in the nightly shows, etc) and i was wondering if anyone knows what exactly you need to apply for that position and if so how much their salary is?

thanks a bunch!

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Perks and Visa

... what exactly you need to apply for that position and if so how much their salary is?

Well, it would surely help if you could say a few sentences like 'You're the queen of my life' in a few languages... :bunny:
The salary may be as low as 8 - 10,000 RD$ a month but the perks and the good chance to get a visa out of this country with the help of a sankified gringa make up for the relatively poor pay.

m'frog

BTW:
Santiago-c (not known to the system)
??????

Last edited:

Santiago-c

Feb 19, 2007
haha well i am a woman so i guess i would have to learn how to say 'You're the king of my life'?! and i live in canada so i already have a visa :glasses: so i'm guessing 8 - 10,000 RD$ is not a lot?

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
The pay is low but you have access to "tips". You will need to be athletic, very social, speak Spanish, English and possibly German or French is helpful. You need to be able to dance if you hope to be in shows. And of course act like an idiot at any given moment......

Very few resorts hire many foreigners who do not have additional skills. There is usually enough locals who will work for little and often don't need accomodations as well.

Many work very long hours 6 days a week.

Santiago-c

Feb 19, 2007
si

it means you are my life haha my spanish is pretty damn good. i just can't write in spanish that well.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
just an idea, from an antisocial human being: why staying in a place where you are constantly being bothered to "join in" and "have fun"... is it not better to sit your ass on the beach and do nothing, zip, nil all day?
i thought those guys get a minimum wage, 6.400 pesos a month?
plus tips and perks of the job - catching a stupid naive fattie to get them out of the country.

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
haha well i am a woman so i guess i would have to learn how to say 'You're the king of my life'?! and i live in canada so i already have a visa :glasses: so i'm guessing 8 - 10,000 RD$ is not a lot?

To answer your question RD $10,000 = about US $300, you'll have to convert that to Canadian $

Santiago-c

Feb 19, 2007
s? se?or

well im still wondering if the only qualifications needed are knowing spanish and english which i already do even though the spanish is somewhat rusty and i'm alright with my french too. and as for being social that is completely not a problem for me i'm really outgoing :rambo: