Club Bonito hotel info please

C

Carlton Mack

Strongly considering a stay at Club Bonito in Las Galeras but have had difficulty finding out independent info on the hotel. They have a lovely website and I have gotten some positive feedback but would appreciate any additional info from those who are familiar with it. Thanks in advance.

S

Susanne

I am not familiar with the club itself, but Las Galeras is lovely. Verdant and hilly and with turqoise waters. The beach of Las Galeras itself is better for snorkeling than for swimming, although you can find a few strips without coral. But if you walk along the beach for about ten minutes you end up at the beach in front of Casa Marina Bay. Soft, soft golden sand, palm trees and no coral. Perfect for children. And as all beaches in the Dominican Republic are public, you can laze about all that you like.

There are some other really great beaches in the area and some pretty good restaurants. I particularly like the restaurant at nearby El Marinique Resort.

Las Galeras is small but with a few shops and local artist. You can step on the guagua (mini bus) when you feel like adventure - it's a great and very cheap way to see the country and get REALLY close to the locals ;-) Or you can join the more organized tours. The town of Samana is about 20 minutes drive from Las Galeras and a good place to spend some hours. Especially at the market.

If you can find a tour guide that will take you to Playa El Valle you ought to try it. It's an amazing place. You have to cross a couple of unbridged rivers (horse or 4WD necessary) and you go through rain forest and tiny villages to end up at an awe inspiring beach. It is normally too dangerous to swim there - the waves crash in directly from the Atlantic and the surge is very strong. The sand is almost black and a little river runs into the ocean. There isn't a lot to do there but to sit and enjoy the view but if you like this kind of thing, you can sit there for hours.

I recommend Las Galeras warmly, but for info on Club Bonito itself I hope somebody else will help you along.

Regards, Susanne

N

Natasha

I have not stayed at Club Bonito, but have seen the grounds of this lovely hotel. The hotel itself is right in the heart of Las Galeras, right in front of the beach, where fishermen and other locals as well as tourists congregate. The hotel actually sits back a good distance, but nevertheless you are sort of in the middle of the "action", if you can call it that in Las Galeras.

The grounds are lovely. My husband and I took a look at their restaurant menue and all sounded good, albeit somewhat steep in price.

Aside from the unfortunate opening of Casa Marina Resort next door to Club Bonito, Las Galeras offers a true Caribbean barefoot vacation experience. This is Caribbean tropics at its best - I am glad you have pick this part of the DR. Please let us know about Club Bonito if you decide to stay there.

Regards, Natasha

D

D.D.

I have lived in the DR for eight years and I have been just about every where in the county. I discovered Club Bonito three years ago and totaly fell in love with it!! NO OTHER PLACE LIKE IT as far as I am concerned. The people are very friendly and the general atmosphere is indescribable. And if you like good food and you go to this place you are going to think you are dead and gone to heaven. Home made kooking at it's best! Most rooms have a balcony with a breath taking ocean view. Make sure you stay in one of those. I simply don't know enough words to describe all the beauty. It is simply the best kept secret. Apart from the hotel, the small community of Las Galeras is quite pleasant. about five min. walk from the hotel is a small beach called Playa Bonita. Go there. It is like having your own private little beach. You lucky.. you. Now if like loud music disco and a lot of crazy stuff. I don't think it is the right place.