Paradise Beach Resort

Status
Not open for further replies.

tazita

Feb 20, 2007
Hello! First time on here! Does anyone have any information on the Paradise Beach Resort in Puerto Plata? For every good review I read a bad one. Mostly to do with the "attic Rooms"and the fact it has not been refurbished since the late 80's. Is there a way to avoid getting stuck with one of these rooms ie upgrading once you get to the resort? Or do you stand the chace of not being able to upgrade because of no availablilty? We will be travelling in late April. Thanks for any help!

Taz

hifiman

Jul 13, 2005
Your travel agent should be able to request the type of room you want or don't want.

I stayed there 2 years ago only because the trip was cheaper than air only if you can believe it.

The place is showing its age and the rooms were quite damp but the beach was okay and the bar near the beach is always loud at night,so if you have kids try to get a room away from the main bar.
The food was okay but we did not eat there much.
Hope this helps
hifiman

lonetraveller

Sep 4, 2006
upgrade from attic room

I was just at Paradise in January. I would suggest you talk to your travel agent as well. I think it is only 20 or 30 dollars more to upgrade to a gardenside room. Once again these rooms are a little outdated - but better than the attic. I wouldn't risk trying to upgrade once I arrived. The food is ok - but just like Hifiman I did not eat on the resort that much.

I heard rumors when I was there that they are going to start renovating the resort so you might want to look into that as well and see if your travel agent can find out anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.