Drug Laws in DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
No drug is legal in the DR. Matter of fact you get caugt with a joint and it can land you in jail for 6 months.

G

gary short

Oh and by the way if you get caught and have your dumbass thrown in jail you better have a pal on the outside bringing your daily bread......good luck..

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Last time I heard, there are over 600 foreigners in jail here, most for drugs.
You can be caught with any quantity, and you'll join them.

Last december I noticed that my son Alan (now living and working in Caracas) had written a commentary to a news report in a SD daily newspaper. It was about the arrest and one year jail sentence, of an Argentinian young man, who was surprised in a police raid with a marijuana joint in his pocket. The young man happened to work with my son at the Acropolis Mall and still appears in the Banco Leon's TV advertisement for their debit card. He's the young hippie looking (with dreadlocks) chap who walks up to the cashier and asks how he can obtain a Banco Leon debit card. There's even a more recent ad with the chap.

zak023

Done and dusted!
Feb 8, 2006
Hey Now! I can't find any info.. Is pot legal??

If you need to ask this question then find out for yourself..We could be wrong..PS Don't drop the soap when you dumb A$$ is in jail...If you even have any after the BIG Boys get done rippin you a New A$$ and take all you have...You just publicly told everyone you are a pothead..DUHHHHH........

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
Last time I heard, there are over 600 foreigners in jail here, most for drugs.
You can be caught with any quantity, and you'll join them.

Aren't most of those in jail for trafficking drugs, not so much for consuming them? Not that it really matters for the OP's question; with the state of Dominican prisoners you don't want to risk being caught.

zak023

Done and dusted!
Feb 8, 2006
well its not really 'publicly' when you don't know who he is,,,is it?

and I wouldn't call people 'dumbass' if you can't spell.

So I made a typo error... Are you the official spellchecker here now ??
And that was a stupid question...IS POT LEGAL ??

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
So I made a typo error... Are you the official spellchecker here now ??
And that was a stupid question...IS POT LEGAL ??

Maurjina is clissffiad as a Schelued 1 nacortic by the Durg Encforement Adnimistration

Sorry for the typos ... ;-)

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
2cqmolc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.