santiago BBQ photos

Sep 19, 2005
I dont know how i didnt get a photo of everyone....and then I took some photos and the results were less than I am sure the subject would approve of!! ha ha ha

sooo i wont post those photos!!!

again i d like to thanks all those local folk that really made this happen, especially Mike and his wife and chip.

49kviit.jpg

2v0ddnr.jpg

2h5o18o.jpg

2i9t92o.jpg

2hzn6e1.jpg

C

Chip00

Bob

Where's your bald head and the nice looking gf?

Don't forget to let us know the next time you're in town. I've got ideas to have a real Texas bbcue at my house with the help of Bill and maybe Snuffy.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Bob

Don't forget to let us know the next time you're in town. I've got ideas to have a real Texas bbcue at my house with the help of Bill and maybe Snuffy.

chip, now you are talking my language. I will contribute anything.
AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
2i9t92o.jpg

left to right: texasbill and adrian.

2hzn6e1.jpg

Left to right:
wag's wife (side ways), chip, wag

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Thanks Bob & Aftab.
Great pix, and good to put faces to names.
I see Mr Mike has turned into a full blown hippy.
I wouldn't have guessed it was him, in a million years.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Left to right.
Adrian in far left corner, handsome Mr.mike (in BBQ uniform), Cobraboy and his lovely GF from janico, Texasbill's wife (red dress) and santiagoDR's wife sitting together.
My GF is Alida from Santiago, grew up until 11 in Janico.

GREAT pics! GREAT memories! I'm still full...

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Bob,
Nice photos man, Mike and his wife were great hosts and we had a great gathering, I believe everyone had a great time, I am heading to Walmart to see if can pick up one those inflatable couches, hahaha.

Wag

Feb 4, 2005
Bob

I have some mesquite and hickory chips!

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
I have some mesquite and hickory chips!

mequite chips? don't you know that mesquite (bayahonda) grows wild here. By the way, in Azua a sack (about 50 lbs) of mesquite charcoal goes for about RD$150 pesos.

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
mequite chips? don't you know that mesquite (bayahonda) grows wild here. By the way, in Azua a sack (about 50 lbs) of mesquite charcoal goes for about RD$150 pesos.

Thank you Mirador!
I was wondering where to buy Mesquite for the next BBQ. Remind me to buy a sack when we go there for thephoto OP. Also some "green" mesquite chips for smoking hams and tocineta.

Texas Bill

Wag

Feb 4, 2005
I soak the chips in water for smoking beef.

I was not aware that meskite grew wild here. That would save me some luggage space next time I am in the US.

D & D

Jul 17, 2003
Okay, y'all are making me hungry.....again! AZB, are you signing on for March or is someone else stepping up? Like I said in the other thread, we'll be happy to host April. We're not that far out for heaven's sake. Maybe start a little earlier if anyone is concerned about driving.

The first SSC meeting was indeed a pleasure, so let's keep it going.

Dianne

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Okay, y'all are making me hungry.....again! AZB, are you signing on for March or is someone else stepping up? Like I said in the other thread, we'll be happy to host April. We're not that far out for heaven's sake. Maybe start a little earlier if anyone is concerned about driving.

The first SSC meeting was indeed a pleasure, so let's keep it going.

Dianne
Just promise them some of your world class candied yams.
They'll come !!!!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Let me come back from Atlanta and then I will decide what I want to do. The problem is that I do mostly pakistani / indian BBQ and there is no way I can attend so many people in my backyard and prepare food for the large crowd while maintaining my quality. I think my quality will go south if I attempt to cater for more than 10 people.
AZB

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Let me come back from Atlanta and then I will decide what I want to do. The problem is that I do mostly pakistani / indian BBQ and there is no way I can attend so many people in my backyard and prepare food for the large crowd while maintaining my quality. I think my quality will go south if I attempt to cater for more than 10 people.
AZB
Quality is always better than quantity.