Rocky's Ribs Rock

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Hey, just want to let everyone in on the best kept secret in Sosua.
This morning I was in Sosua with two Real estate clients, it was 11:35 and I new they were getting hungry after viewing many homes there.
So I thought if I take them back to Puerto Plata I can get them fed somewhere and get back to business.
And then I thought about all the hoopla I have heard about Rocky's Ribs.
So I asked them if they would like some ribs for lunch, he then reminded me he was from Texas.
We then proceeded to Rocky's and ordered our Ribs.
MR. Texan ordered 9 Ribs and I thought I had better do the same.
MRS. Texan ordered the Buffalo Wings.
I watched as they ate, MR. Texan then said son I thought you ordered 9 Ribs I have 11 on my plate.
When we were finished MR. Texan told me that the Ribs were the best he has ever had out of his home state, and then announced he would like to make an offer on the second last Villa I showed him.

I want to thank the folks at Rocky's for helping me have a great day and tell everyone that the Ribs were fantastic and I will be returning again and again.

globalmike295

On Vacation
Jul 11, 2006
Rocky's ribs are absolutely the best I have ever tasted, Hands Down !

I used to be a professional chef and I can't duplicate them.

There is the secret sauce, but that's not it.

To make ribs tender you have to use a moist heat method to break down the fibers of the meat. You cannot boil them. Steam of some sort is the key.

He's not talking !

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
Hey, Gringo! If you and Chuck want to go up to Rocky's for lunch in a couple of weeks, I'd love to go with you. I haven't tasted his ribs yet, just the Thanksgiving dinner that we all had there last time I was down. I'll be there soon from Canada. Tell the girls down stairs at Chuck's that I was talking to you. Looking forward to seeing all of you again. Maybe your son and Frandy can get together and go GO CARTING for a half day.

hifiman

Jul 13, 2005
Rocky there is a big rib cook off every year in Memphis you should take your ribs there and see how you stack up. I think first place is $10.000 US.
hifiman

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
I have yet to hear one bad review of rocky's ribs.
AZB

There's a rumor going around that Rocky's is offering a free ribs meal for endorsements on DR1. Personally I don't think Rocky's ribs need endorsements!*

*Now that's an endorsement! When can I go for my free ribs?.... ;-)

Tony Cabrera

Sep 24, 2002
There's a rumor going around that Rocky's is offering a free ribs meal for endorsements on DR1. Personally I don't think Rocky's ribs need endorsements!*

*Now that's an endorsement! When can I go for my free ribs?.... ;-)

Rocky, give him one (each) rib to Mirador for his good endorsement.
:nervous:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
my ex-landlord loves rocky too, stays and eats there religiously every time he comes to sosua.
gotta try those ribs one day...

ZEUS

Bronze
Feb 14, 2003
I hope on my next trip coming in April, I can go and pig-out at Rocky's.
Sr. Rocky, do you carry Presidente Cenizas (Really cold presidente?). If so, I'll see you in April...

Zeus (mouth dripping -- LOL)

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I'm humbled and embarrased.
I'm so very pleased that the ribs are as good as they are, and thankful for all the kind words.
I've been lucky in life with many things, including acquiring that special recipe, but mostly I feel lucky to live here in the DR, and to have so many good friends.
Thanks to you all.

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
Hmm, I want to try these ribs now everyone is raving about them!!!

Hey dv8, we should go one day next month for ribs and presidente???

globalmike295

On Vacation
Jul 11, 2006
It has been how long since the last Rocky Rob Report or should I say the rib report.

Question is..........Are you going to start a delivery service or Not !

Answer the Question Rocky

Sosua Minds want to know !

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
It has been how long since the last Rocky Rob Report or should I say the rib report.

Question is..........Are you going to start a delivery service or Not !

Answer the Question Rocky

Sosua Minds want to know !
Some folks in town place their orders by phone and send a concho to pick them up, but we're not planning on expanding on that.
Good ribs take time to prepare and it wouldn't be worth delaying food for "in house" food orders, just to make an extra buck.
People already wait long enough, without further delays.