CDN or US currency?

C

Cassandra

We will be leaving for Santo Domingo and staying at the Boca Chica resort on April 8. I have 2 questions: First, has anyone been to the resort and are there any recommendations that you would make? Secondly, we are thinking of bringing US and CDN currency. Is it worth it to bring CDN or just for the gusto and bring all US? Should we change it here first or wait and do it there?

Thanks,

CR

R

richy rich

Cassandra, Have been to Boca Chica but not at that particular resort. Leave your troubles behind and relax. If US dollars are easily obtainable use that, it seems to be more respected and sought after and pays a higher return in pesos. Your CDN money is fine as you will trading for pesos anyway. The hotel should have an exchangh on the premises. I am so jealous!

T

Traci

Was in Boca Chica the end of January. I used CDN$$ and didn't have a problem. Have a good time.

M

Milli

I have not been to Boca Chica but have been to Puerto Plata several times. Have always brought CDN Currency. The rates in POP were 1US dollar=15pesos and 1CAD dollar=10pesos.

P

Phyllis

Hey Girl! You can get a better rate in town, rather than on the resort, 10.4 is what I got in January!

M

Mike Forster

Before I went down I bought US$800 for Can$1178 In Sosua I got 12880p (at a rate of 16.1 per US dollar). I would have received 12486p if I had changed the Canadian amount (at a rate of 10.6 per Canadian dollar). This was during the last four weeks. The difference would buy about 20 bottles of Presidente.

C

Connie

YOU ALSO HAVE TO CONSIDER WHAT YOU PAID FOR EXCHANGE FROM CANADIAN TO US. IN MIKE'S CASE IT WAS $378.00. WHEN WE WENT IN MARCH IT MADE MORE SENSE TO TAKE CANADIAN AND CHANGE TO PECOS AND SAVE PAYING THE US EXCHANGE.