Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Why A Topic Is "closed" ?, Democracy

someone with the technical capability and authority closed a topic

http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/595...pping-etc.html

(the last long post in the above topic need some editing, but impossible to do now)

let me say this to you all, specially to the referred moderator

I think the comment below was your first and final opinion regarding the topic

"I think some supermarket tabloid will be a more appropriate publication for this. Closed."

did you contact the source by email before you reached the conclusion to CLOSE the topic? can you consider more evidence?

Most POSters beleive in freedom of speech and democracy, but more urgent in this corrupted society is to PROTECT CHILDREN.

There are not only pictures but official documents, arrest warrant by federal gov, voice mails etc to prove the information is correct. Hey the pictures alone are worth a 1000 words, don't you think?

The INTERNET has provided a countless solutions to 'sticky', unresolved problems, 'let it be'.

Finally I have seem more fluff and insults permitted for a long time in this forum..., but of course you decide based on your 'opinion'

Before closing a topic, a better alternative would be to let the whole group vote, before closing a topic, democracy. What do you think about that?
    Last edited by hi-tec; 02-22-2007 at 08:32 PM.

apostropheman

Talking

i suspect that you're about to find out that this is not, nor can it be, a democracy.

it would be interesting to hear you opinion after you have been a moderator on a busy website.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hi-tec View Post
    Before closing a topic, a better alternative would be to let the whole group vote, before closing a topic, democracy. What do you think about that?
    This is a dictatorship, run under the DR1 Constitution.

Or in simple terms, if DR1 or one of the moderators feel a thread should be closed, then it's closed. Voting on a closure of a thread is never going to happen.

Closed.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by apostropheman View Post
    it would be interesting to hear you opinion after you have been a moderator on a busy website.
    Exactly, some people have no idea! If it wasn't for the moderators, this place would fall apart and become a worthless resource. It takes a lot of work to keep an active message board popular and even more work to make it as big and active as DR1.