Why A Topic Is "closed" ?, Democracy

Status
Not open for further replies.

hi-tec

Jun 15, 2004
someone with the technical capability and authority closed a topic:paranoid:

http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/59591-pablo-pegueros-baseball-manager-niece-kidnapping-etc.html

(the last long post in the above topic need some editing, but impossible to do now)

let me say this to you all, specially to the referred moderator

I think the comment below was your first and final opinion regarding the topic

"I think some supermarket tabloid will be a more appropriate publication for this. Closed.":speechles :speechles

did you contact the source by email before you reached the conclusion to CLOSE the topic? can you consider more evidence?:mad:

Most POSters beleive in freedom of speech and democracy, but more urgent in this corrupted society is to PROTECT CHILDREN.:hurt:

There are not only pictures but official documents, arrest warrant by federal gov, voice mails etc to prove the information is correct. Hey the pictures alone are worth a 1000 words, don't you think?:rolleyes:

The INTERNET has provided a countless solutions to 'sticky', unresolved problems, 'let it be'.:paranoid:

Finally I have seem more fluff and insults permitted for a long time in this forum..., but of course you decide based on your 'opinion'

Before closing a topic, a better alternative would be to let the whole group vote, before closing a topic, democracy. What do you think about that?:cool: :cool:

Last edited:
A

apostropheman

i suspect that you're about to find out that this is not, nor can it be, a democracy.

it would be interesting to hear you opinion after you have been a moderator on a busy website.:bunny::bunny:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Before closing a topic, a better alternative would be to let the whole group vote, before closing a topic, democracy. What do you think about that?:cool: :cool:

This is a dictatorship, run under the DR1 Constitution.

Or in simple terms, if DR1 or one of the moderators feel a thread should be closed, then it's closed. Voting on a closure of a thread is never going to happen.

Closed.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
it would be interesting to hear you opinion after you have been a moderator on a busy website.:bunny::bunny:

Exactly, some people have no idea! If it wasn't for the moderators, this place would fall apart and become a worthless resource. It takes a lot of work to keep an active message board popular and even more work to make it as big and active as DR1.

Status
Not open for further replies.