Best sports bar in Cabarete

Status
Not open for further replies.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Jose O'Shays... beach side, center of town.
5 or 6 tv's and a projection system for big events.

Not the least expensive place in town, but if you want sports it would be the place.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Bring $$$$$$$$$$$$ to Jose's as you will pay New York prices or more for a less then average burger and other eats.

Nice location though.

Bob K

KeithF

Jul 9, 2006
www.cabarete.org
Bring $$$$$$$$$$$$ to Jose's as you will pay New York prices or more for a less then average burger and other eats.

Nice location though.

Bob K

While not defending the cost, I'd have to say I've always enjoyed the food. The nacho's with cheese & chili is big enough for two and the 'black & blue' burger is good for the price. Good shrimps too (although very pricy)

Lots of round ball football as well as the American version where they carry it :cheeky:

Island777

Oct 9, 2005
Jose O'Shay's is overpriced and caters to Americans, Canadians and Euro's who are uncomfortable in the DR culture. It has the most sports televisions at a bar in Cabarete, though.

The billiard hall 50 meters to the east on the second floor across the street has a couple of television sets and prices that are far more agreeable. The music is local and the scene lively. Try it, you may like it!

KeithF

Jul 9, 2006
www.cabarete.org
Jose O'Shay's is overpriced and caters to Americans, Canadians and Euro's who are uncomfortable in the DR culture. It has the most sports televisions at a bar in Cabarete, though.

The billiard hall 50 meters to the east on the second floor across the street has a couple of television sets and prices that are far more agreeable. The music is local and the scene lively. Try it, you may like it!

Slightly unfair, in so much as us North American and European tourists don't have to be immersed in the Dominican culture 24/7 to prove we're not uncomfortable with it!;) I've seen plenty of Dominican's drinking and partying in there, especially at the weekends (and I don't mean those who are hanging off the arm of a tourist!)

Might try the billiard place next week...

Status
Not open for further replies.