Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meraux

Sep 17, 2006
Please tell me briefly what Sosua is like; size of city, things to do; good place to stay, etc.

I would like to spend July 2007 somewhere in the DR learning more espanol, but not in some tourist resort.

Any suggestions?

Gracias,

Leonardo

Monrad

Feb 24, 2007
A good place to stay is Hotel Villa Chesa. Just outside the city in a quiet area. I like Sosua very much. South European stil at the city mixed with Latin America. Nice place with narrow streets and layback community. Not a big city at all, but big enough.

manunut

Nov 17, 2006
and...................

A good place to stay is Hotel Villa Chesa. Just outside the city in a quiet area. I like Sosua very much. South European stil at the city mixed with Latin America. Nice place with narrow streets and layback community. Not a big city at all, but big enough.
anybody want to tell this person about the sleezy side of the town.or will we just paint it (as quoted by a language school here)"one of the most scenic and quaint towns to be found in the dr?".:rolleyes:

abe

Jan 2, 2002
There are young women earning money by providing companionship to (usually) older North American and European men. They are easy to spot if you would like to avoid them. I actually like some things about Sosua, but, frankly the atmosphere that we are being coy about is a tad depressing.

WorldJockey

Feb 3, 2007
There are young women earning money by providing companionship to (usually) older North American and European men. They are easy to spot if you would like to avoid them. I actually like some things about Sosua, but, frankly the atmosphere that we are being coy about is a tad depressing.

well at least someone said it

Sep 19, 2005
if you dont have to be near a beach...santiago..fits your bill perfectly

its the second largest city....has the charm of the country, has lots to do. It also can provide you with many places to leanr your spanish...in a school atmosphere, or out on the street....

you will see few if any tourists there.....but it doesn thave the crime the capitol might have...and while traffic can get clogged up in the afternoon...nothing like the capitol

and the beach if needed is only about an hour away......from santiago you can easily branch out to smaller pure dominican towns that live life just like they did 50 years ago...with no tourist effect......

good luck

bob

Status
Not open for further replies.