electricty line cost from main road to property

is mikehunt there

*** Sin Bin ***
Jan 18, 2007
hi
im looking at a property that has government electricity run past it! however my question is this; what are the cost estimates to run the line from the government pole on the main road some 50 metres to where my house will be? i assume i have to pay for this electricity line to be brought in from the road to my house. The property is west of peurto plata
thanks

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
Don't know how they work in that neck of the woods but here in El Seybo the electric distributor, with a paid installation contract, runs wire to where the meter will be. It is then up to you to run wire from the meter to the house or interior of the house.

Hope this helps.

Rick

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
I had a very amusing experience with my electrical installation. I asked the manager of Edesur/Azua (when it was run by Union Fenosa) for their advise. They suggested one of their contractors (who also happened to be one of their employees). I received a proforma for the entire installation (including transformer, poles, wires, etc.). It worked fine. Until one day the same contractor accompanied by police and a crane approached my house with intent to take away the installation. He alledged it was an illegal installation, since I had not presented the CODIA blueprints (its a rural home, with mud and waddle walls and thatched roof). I actually came out with a shotgun and threatened to shoot anybody who approached the transformer. Days later, I went to Edesur office and complained. The asked me if I wanted to sue the contractor. They were surprised by my answer: I said yes! After Union Fenosa left, guess who was put in charge of the Edesur office in Azua. the /(?!&?)g contractor!!!

Sep 19, 2005
do they ever run power lines under ground?

seems that would prevent a lot of illegal hookups to your service..

the electrical lines I have seen running right up into houses there seems very dangerous...two wires maybe number 8, and with the sheathing cracking off many places, and running from tree to tree before it goes into the house..

I wonder how more people dont get shocked

bob

vince1956

On Vacation!
May 24, 2006
Shocking

do they ever run power lines under ground?

seems that would prevent a lot of illegal hookups to your service..

the electrical lines I have seen running right up into houses there seems very dangerous...two wires maybe number 8, and with the sheathing cracking off many places, and running from tree to tree before it goes into the house..

I wonder how more people dont get shocked

bob
:bunny: 1000 Volts - Funny Video Clips - HolyLemon.com